Macao Surfing Pics

Caribbeandreamto

Advertiser
Mar 26, 2011
caribbeandreamto.net
We took a group to Macao Beach for surf lessons at Macao Surf Camp. Macao is a great place to learn how to surf and it's my favorite beach on the East Coast :) Here are some pics I took:

macao-surf.jpg

macao-surf-1.jpg

macao-surf-2.jpg

macao-surf-3.jpg

macao-surf-4.jpg

macao-group.jpg

macao-flag.jpg

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
Great photos. Rafael and Gustavo who own Macao Surf Camp are cool dudes. Gustavo was one of the first to surf in the Dominican Republic back in 1965 at El Chinchorro/Red Beach in Santo Domingo.
Anyone taking a lesson with them will be in expert hands.

Caribbeandreamto

Advertiser
Mar 26, 2011
caribbeandreamto.net
Great pictures, homegirl is riding that wave!

SHALENA

Ya, she got a good one! The group was from Ireland and she actually had some experience in surfing. She was completely thrilled, not so much to surf, but to get in the ocean without a wetsuit :)

Certain things I guess we take for granted in the Dominican Republic.

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
Hey Caribbeandream! that activity looks nice. I was really thinking about starting learning surfing when moving this year to Bavaro. How much is a day lesson? neighbour price! ;)
And how many days I would need for starting having a beginner's level?
Cheers!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
About US$20. People I know who have taken lessons have managed to surf in the first session, but sea conditions would also be a factor.

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
Good! for sure I will join you guys some day at the end of the year!
Where I could get a good, cheap "tabla"? How much is it? I have really no idea of its price.
Cheers!

Caribbeandreamto

Advertiser
Mar 26, 2011
caribbeandreamto.net
Well I know of some people who have managed to stand up on the first day but surfing, like any sport, takes time to learn. The first day you will start with a very big board and the instructors will pick the right waves to ride and then push you. Standing up on the first day is a big accomlishment!

Then you will have to start learning to choose your own waves and how to paddle. Paddling is very tiring and you'll need to work up stamina. There is much to learn but with time you'll get better :)

I would simply rent surfboards from Macao Surf Camp at first. No need of running to buy a surfboard when you haven't even tried the sport yet. Macao Surf Camp recently put up a website: Macao Surf Camp

They's still working on it so you may want to visit their facebook page: El Macao Surfadventures | Facebook

Good luck!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There are surf shops in Palma Real and San Juan malls but their boards are very expensive.

MSC will provide you with a board for the lessons and as Caribbeandreamto says, once you have learned you can still rent one from them.

Caribbeandreamto said:
Standing up on the first day is a big accomlishment!
Husband, son and a couple of friends - all first-timers - achieved this, so maybe I got the impression it was easier than it is. :)

Peter222

Jan 15, 2013
United States
Hi friends surfboards are the best for the make your stamina and ride on this surfbaord you should always ourchase or made a syrfbaoed with matchinf your hieght because some of surfbaords is ride on laying down and some of surfbaord is ride by standing on these surfboards i am also a surfbaord rider and i like to collecti the surfboard pics and get the idea for ride like this pics and follow these pics to ride on my surfboard anyway this is good thread thanks for...