WANTED! Apartment or house in Santiago

aareff

Apr 16, 2011
We are moving to Santiago on 5th August 2001. We need an apartment or house in the Los Jardines or other area close to this. Ideally we want;

- to pay between $10,000 to $20,000 per month
- it furnished
- with washing machine, fridge and cooker
- with 3 bedrooms
- No smoking
- accept only one fully house trained and very clean family cat.
- to take residence on the evening of Friday 5th August 2011.
- before taking residence during the day of 5th of August the place to be cleaned, specifically of bugs and insects, so it is suitable for sleeping in that night.

Please contact to us if you think you can assist with this. Mob +34 687003507, Tel +34 950634349, Skype aareff.com, Email info@aareff.com

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Ummmm, usually you want to GO there and find a house.
Unless you rent from a reputable poster site unseen, such as Hillbilly

SHALENA

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Ummmm, usually you want to GO there and find a house.
Unless you rent from a reputable poster site unseen, such as Hillbilly

SHALENA

aareff

Apr 16, 2011
If Hilbilly could help that would be wonderful.

Truth is, we have limited on options. We arrive in POP, Friday evening about 7pm, me, the wife, our 14 year son, the family cat and an employee. I need to get my son to the New Horizons school in Los Jardines on Monday morning and the rest of us need to get up to Pisano free zone park.

I could hotel all of us, but having a cat has really limited that option, for all of us it is expensive. The price paid for an Hotel could pay the rent for about 6 weeks. So we thought maybe we rent an apartment for 3 months and if it's no good, we are there in the city, my wife speaks fluent Spanish and we can find somewhere else during this time.

Any help or useful advice is appreciated

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Bro, you re going to have to do the hotel option for at least 2 weeks. Why would you prefer to rent a place sight unseen and then be stuck in a contract with something you dont like vs. stay in an apart-hotel for 2-3 weeks while you find something you like? What will cost you more in the long run? Besides you should get an idea of what kind of residence you want. Apartment building, 3-4 stories or multi-family house(as we would say in the US).

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
This will be very difficult. I have sent you a PM..there are possibilities but not at that price.

HB

aareff

Apr 16, 2011
I agree, I am playing with idea of hotel for a week, then apartment, but hotels don't appear to like cats, so this limits the whole situation. I have tried to reason with the boy and the wife, but their response is simple, No Cat, No Santiago for us, we have to find a way. So my reasoning is now starting from the point of desperation and any idea that facilitates the cat is worth exploring.

Thank you Hillbilly for your PM, I will email you today with more about us, our enterprise in the FZ etc. We are coming for 4 years minimum, if we like it and all goes well, forever. Your help is very much appreciated.

Many thanks...

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
I think you have the whole higher mammalian order askew. Until that cat is actually paying for things you have to keep the perspective that it is a pet. I dont see anyone who makes a life-changing decision on whether we can bring our pet. The cat wont know the difference anyway.
I dont see why you dont come alone for the 1st month, to set up the housing arrangements. And then once you have a place then they can come with the cat.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I don't think you should limit yourself to just the Jardines based on the following reasons. One prices are cheaper elsewhere and if the apartment isn't within walking distance from the school you will still need to pay for monthly transportation and from what I've seen they don't always give you a big discount for being close to the school. Two, with transportation to the school not a requirement, I would look for an apartment within a couple of miles of the Jardines out along Ave 27 de Febrero, Carr. Turistica or JP Duarte. These main avenues have plenty of public transportation options and all the shopping you need is close by.

Call my realtor friend Patricio 809-426-8157 or email patriciofalconi@gmail.com

aareff

Apr 16, 2011
I think you have the whole higher mammalian order askew. Until that cat is actually paying for things you have to keep the perspective that it is a pet. I dont see anyone who makes a life-changing decision on whether we can bring our pet. The cat wont know the difference anyway.
I dont see why you dont come alone for the 1st month, to set up the housing arrangements. And then once you have a place then they can come with the cat.

I wish! The amount of times I have treid to say this, but the misuss has my guts for garters. In any case my missus is an integral part of the business in the free zone, so I cannot leave her behind for a month and our arrival on the 5th August was timed to start with the start of the school year.

Paul...

aareff

Apr 16, 2011
I don't think you should limit yourself to just the Jardines based on the following reasons. One prices are cheaper elsewhere and if the apartment isn't within walking distance from the school you will still need to pay for monthly transportation and from what I've seen they don't always give you a big discount for being close to the school. Two, with transportation to the school not a requirement, I would look for an apartment within a couple of miles of the Jardines out along Ave 27 de Febrero, Carr. Turistica or JP Duarte. These main avenues have plenty of public transportation options and all the shopping you need is close by.

Call my realtor friend Patricio 809-426-8157 or email patriciofalconi@gmail.com

I like what you say Chip, perhaps I am getting tunnel vision on Los Jardines. I had overlooked the school transportation issue and I will check this with the school. I am British, we currently work and live in Spain and we are not accustomed to having transport being provided by the school, it doe'snt happen here, so it never entered my mind. I figured i had to get the boy to school gates every morning.

Hillbilly has been helpful and given me an offer to look at and I will also contact your friend Patricio to see what is in offer. Thanks for the advice.

Paul.