Thread: skate culture in DR

The Way Life Should Be...
    Post Thanks / Like

Default skate culture in DR

La Isla ent.

While researching Bavaro I came across some great pics on Flickr which led me to the above site. I've considered longboarding as a viable activity to snowboarding for a long time, especially now the kids locally have these boards and I have had a chance to try one.

Interesting for those who are interested.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

They are trying to cultivate a skate scene in Punta Cana/Bavaro. There's the X-treme Bavaro April Skate Event held at Palma Real Shopping Village and Coastriders, a skate n surf store in Plaza San Juan, is doing a good job organising its own local skate events. Some time in the future they are supposed to be opening a skate park in front of their store.

Btw deserted Cap Cana makes for a great longboarding run down the canyon from Trump/Farallon ;-)

MaineGirl if you're into longboarding check this vid out (for the boys - it's just boring chicks on sticks lol)
    Personally I would sell my soul to someone who opens an indoor snowboard park/slope here, but I won't hold my breath...

Post Thanks / Like

Loved the video, poetry in motion!

Post Thanks / Like

I showed these short films today in class in between our own film festival, during the breaks. The kids were mesmerized.