Colegio Dominicano in Santiago

qurratulayn

Dec 10, 2010
Hello All!
I'm so grateful for DR1 and have learned a great deal browsing around. The time has come that I must write my very first post. My family and I are moving to Santiago next month. I received an email a couple of days ago from Colegio Dominicano saying that they had seen my resume (yes, I'm a teacher) and wanted to set up an interview with me as soon as we were in the country. So, I have a few questions from you wonderfully seasoned, knowledgeable people:
1. Does anybody have any experience with this school?
2. Does anybody know what its like to work there/study there/live near there?
3. Does it have a good reputation?
4. Do you have any useful information for me as I navigate my way through this process?

Thank you for all you do!
Sincerely,
Qurratulayn

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I know of it sort of well. They graduate some fine students. The owners are good people and trained academics. No experience working there. It is located 10 minutes outside of Santiago on the road to Licey al Medio.
What do you teach? Are you multilingual?
What sort of a nickname is that?

HB

qurratulayn

Dec 10, 2010
Hi Hillbilly,
Thank you for the information. I teach English and Spanish here in the States, but would be teaching English there if everything panned out. My nickname is actually my middle name. I'm named after a 19th century heroine who fought for the emancipation of women in Iran. The name is Arabic and means "solace of the eyes."
I hear you have some furnished apartments in Santiago?
Thanks again!
Qurratulayn