Harlequin - Las Canas

jennyjake

Jun 9, 2011
Can anyone tell me if there has been action on the Harlequin project in Las Canas? Have heard that they are ready to begin construction.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
NO nothing being done by them here,though thier web site says differently. Hopefully you are not one of many with money tied up in the project.

Bob K

jennyjake

Jun 9, 2011
Have been watching this project - have told their sales people we will not commit until we see some construction. But they have told me they have bought additional ground - why did they do that if they are not going ahead with the project?

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
They have at least one other project on the North Coast, called Two Rivers, close to Playa Dorada...that has been hyped and sold for several years, but never started. I remember when they first started marketing Las Canas, the floor plans were 100% identical to a resort they were supposedly developing in Barbados. Also they described Plaza Turisol in Puerto Plata as a high-end mall with over 60 luxury-brand stores or something like that....ever been to Plaza Turisol??? I don't think the developers have...

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Looking at the plans which are nice with the water villa's and so and then having had a look at the actual place in Las Canas? Aint gonna happen that way, not with those wild waters...

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Beautiful plans and drawings! Another real estate construction scam in progress? Dont invest in uncompleted projects in the DR or the US or anywhere else. Some people never learn. The DR is filled with partially completed construction. That should be a warning but no there will always be people to buy into the dream with the blue skies and sunset views. It happens so often that I have stopped feeling sorry for these hapless victims. Its like the Sankie thing and they seem not to learn from the sad stories of other people. At least with the Sankies the victim is getting something for a little while.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
I do not have the big picture of this project. All I can tell about it is that is a beautiful piece of the North Coast, very quite at the end of a strip with some very beautiful houses at beach front (well its rock, not really a sandy beach except for some small places), not to far from Cabarete so if one wants some entertainment, not far to drive, but looking at the plans and actually visit the strip until the walls of the Harlequin project, I cannot see how on earth they are going to build water villa's on a spot that is very windy and has big waves.
Again, that is only my visual perception of the project.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
It was publicity from Harlequin in the UK that first made me interested in the DR. However, after researching the company I soon decided not to get involved and bought a place here that actually existed.
They proudly offer a 10% return for two years and 50% of rental income thereafter. However, 50% of nothing is nothing. But at least you get the privelege of using it yourself for three weeks a year - IF it is ever finished. The owners of Harlequin are ex-timeshare touts, by the way.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
In order for it to be finished it would need to be started which shows absolutely no evidence of ever happening. I hope your money is not tied up here.

Bob K

Circibana

Sep 14, 2011
OKAY. Sounds like they are trying to line up suckers for this project. Nice photo shopped pictures. I can make a lot of money just by giving people a tour of all the uncompleted projects that i have seen over the years in DR. Take my advice and wait until the project is finished before you buy into it and lose your hard earned money.

dom

Jun 1, 2011
the entire layout of this project seems completely impossible to do, where are the environmental and marina de Guerra permits?

they will never get them, unless hipolito gives it to them if he wins ;)

dom

Jun 1, 2011
not to forget all the mangrove trees that would have to be cut, which are sacred in this country and cannot be touched, and on top of that, the stormy sea plus the river that get wild when its raining, CRAZY !!!!

aross

Nov 15, 2007
Any Updates ???

Just picking up on this...See survey(transits and such on back of moto) guys going down the road toward the development last week. Anyone know more about whats happening since last posts?

Has anyone heard firsthand news about what is going on here and with their Puerto Plata property?

Google searches talk about financial and "scam" challenges they and related companies and individuals are facing in the UK relative to their proposed Caribbean developments.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Not sure if it is a scam or if something went amiss. Whichever it is, the point here in the DR is that you never, ever, ever and I do mean, never, invest in something that does not exist which you can see and touch. There are few, if any, penalties here for lying out your ass, collecting money and fleeing the country. Just don't do it!