Looking for furnished rental in Santiago for 2-3 months

meregirl

Aug 22, 2008
From everything I have read trying to find a reasonably priced furnished rental is akin to looking for the holy grail but I am a believer in miracles so I am going to put it out there. I am looking for a 1 bedroom furnished apartment in Santiago from like Mid August until October or November. I need internet access and I have one small 22 pound dog. I would like to pay no more than $400 a month. It goes without saying that I would like to be in a safe area. I have spoken with Hillbilly already for options and although he was very fair for his place, I really do need to be able to cook during that time so only having a microwave won't work. I have also checked here on the rentals section but haven't found anything that works on that path.

Since it is only going to be for 2 months and I will be arriving with my dog I really did not want to have to begin apartment hunting once I am there if I could avoid it. If I was planning to stay a year that would be different but for 2 months I would rather move in the day I arrive. I also know someone in Santiago who is willing to look at a place for me prior to my arriving. She tried to find me a place but was only able to find unfurnished, because as she put Santiagoans (sp?) are very suspicious that people are going to take their stuff. So if anyone knows of any options I would be open to them. Thanks!

meregirl

Aug 22, 2008
I sent you a PM...explaining the "why" of some of these issues.

HB

Hillbilly I know you are right but I still got to try to explore my options since I have a little time. I have gotten a couple of leads recently and will have them checked out. Who knows I may be throwing myself on your mercy later. I appreciate your help though very much.

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
Dear Hillbilly,

How are you? I sent a message earlier, but I don't think it went through. It said I have exceeded my stored data on here. I am trying to figure out how to clear some data. I was wondering if you could cut and paste and send me the response you gave yesterday to another member inquiring about short term furnished rentals in Santiago and why they were hard to come by. I am interested in the same as the original poster on the forum. Thank you in advance for all your time and consideration.

-Jbars