Route airport SD to Puerto Plata

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Take the new hwy to Nagua, Samana is to your right exiting the new hwy. You want to go left.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The new hiway will take you about 5 hours.... depending on the time of day... you may be able to slip thru SD and go the old way..... but it will be about the same, I think.

The advantage to the new hiway is the ease of the drive... a breeze... but it is a toll road... so pesos needed

Airport to end of new hiway is 2 hrs ( mas/menos)
Then 3hrs more on hwy #5....all on #5

Not hard

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
From my throne on high, I agree with these two persons. Take the toll road. Need a few hundred pesos.

Lots of beautiful scenery. You will enjoy the drive.

HB

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
The advice is right, the time is off.
From SDQ go toward SD and stay on the right past the toll lanes to the new Highway. As said, have 500 DP in hand. At the end go left thru Nagua and on thru the towns of RSJ, Cabarete, Sosua on the one main road. It is good paved road now and I did it recently to Sosua in just under 3 hours so make it 3.5 to PP. Suggest you don't do it at night if you can help it, poorly lit. Going the other way has become an excedrin headache with the SD traffic and such.
The old way may be 1/2 faster to PP but not worth the hassle.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Sorry... my error..... about 1 hour to the end of the toll road..... then anothe 2 hours.... +/-.

3/1/2 is safe...... very easy drive...... but avoid darkness

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Go to the New Members Information first, study, and then come back with comments that are relevants and don't revive threads that are months old.

The new hiway will take you about 5 hours.... depending on the time of day... you may be able to slip thru SD and go the old way..... but it will be about the same, I think.

The advantage to the new hiway is the ease of the drive... a breeze... but it is a toll road... so pesos needed

Airport to end of new hiway is 2 hrs ( mas/menos)
Then 3hrs more on hwy #5....all on #5

Not hard

How slow are you driving????? 3 hours maybe 3 and a half at most.