Please give me Ideas for things to do in Santiago

shy123

Jan 15, 2011
I go every summer but every summer we visit the same places like the monumento and antillana.
I need new places to visit thank you.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
A lot depends on how old you are and what you are (boy/girl; teen/20s/30s/old foggie).

I usually tell everyone to go to Centro Leon on 27 de Febrero in Villa Progreso. They have great art, great exhibitions and the food in the cafeter?a is excellent, really good.

Then you can go to the Kaskada Water Park, get a day pass to Amaprosan, see what is happening at the Teatro Regional,(almost always something going on), then you can do the clubs and night spots. They are all over the place, and that is where the young people hang.

If you like "t?pico" there are several places; if you like jazz there are several places;and house and hip hop whatever you like.

Or you can hop on a bus and go to Sos?a!! Or another bus and go to Cabarete!

No reason not to have fun during your vacation...

HB

Nov 25, 2008
really in Santiago their isn't any Great Adventure, Disney, this town is a "campo" so you go to a farm, [in Gurabo their is a Zoo]
if your into photography you have lots of options, if you have a friend who's a member of the Centro Espa?ol [private club] you can enjoy GREAT food, pool, BBQ pits, tennis, basketball.
If you like to try paragliding, check out my video here or in YouTube; look up koisarduy and you will see my videos
Take Care

Last edited:

Marola

Jan 14, 2011
You can do a lot in Santiago or let me say from Santiago you can go to several places that are not too far. If you like jazz you can go on Monday to SOHO, located on the roof of Bella Terra in Avenida Duarte at 10pm, and is a very nice environment. You can go to the beach, if you don't have a car, you can take a Caribe tour bus, and it takes you to a station 5 minutes walking from La playita in Sosua. Centro Leon is another option for you to go to the cigar fabric and the museum, where they have original Picasso's art and other famous artist. Casa Bader in the city for Quipes and what we called President "vestida de novia", Plaza Internacional in Aven. Duarte in front of Union Medica, just to exhibit yourself as many Santiagueses do. Jarabacoa, just 45 mins away from Santiago, go for smoke ribs (the best of the best) at restaurant named "Parada Sagrado Corazon" and then you can to to "El Salto de JImenoa", and during the night there are many bars and tipicos, depends on yur taste, so please you can do a lot in Santiago, believe me. Oh, and if you need a nice place to stay go to the rental section, I can offer you a nice place near the most important places in Santiago (Marola). Hope this help.

Last edited: