wonderful small family restaurant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Britcouple

Aug 13, 2009
HI, we have found this small restaurant that we think everyone on the north coast should try if they can. It is called Kisoco Beach. Small friendly family run restaurant/bar, located on a quiet beach, just off the main road from Sosua to Cabarete (just after Coconut Palms resort coming from Sosua).

The setting is beautiful,just off the main road and away from the normal tourist areas, perfect for a visit to the beach followed by lunch under the palms, or an evening meal.

Food is very good and very reasonably priced, (most expensive is 350RD with lobster charged by the pound) main meals consists of either chicken, pork, fish or sea food, all cooked in local traditional style. All is cooked freshly to order.

The owners are very friendly and make you feel very welcome, more like an old friend than a customer.

There is a security so the beach area is very safe for people who wish to swim in the sea, or just lounge on the sandy beach. There is a covered area on the beach for the
use of customers, free of charge.

At weekends they hold a bonfire on the beach which adds to the atmoshpere. We would highly recommend Kiosco Beach to anyone, families, couples or a group of friends.

PS this is not an advert, as we have nothing to do with this restaurant, we just wanted to share this small jewel with everyone.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
You have good instincts BritCouple, it is not a place that is found easliy. Evelyn has bartended in Sosua for 15 years going back to High Caribe, Merengue, etc. and is a good person. They even have diet coke which is unusual. I took the kids to see her and they love the place and the food. I hope they can do well enough to stay open. A good place to avoid the crowds.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Nothing really to add to the post of BritCouple. El Kiosco beach restaurant is a little gem.
Its not on the beaten path, indeed, but not that hard to find either.
You just have to try it, very friendly people, good cook who will make you what you want if you have special demands. He can do it and always with a smile on his face.

Acira

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
for those of us who are struggling with Spanish, does anyone at this restaurant speak any English?

They don't speak very much English but they compensate that with a very open, friendly and patience and you will get what you want, no probs. I think, but not sure because I do not pay attention to that any more, that the menu is in Spanish and English.

Britcouple

Aug 13, 2009
Damn!!! I knew we should have kept quiet about it :(
seriously though, these little places that really try hard deserve a break, and it's these that make the DR such a great place to be,sitting at a friendly bar on the beach with a hard afternoons cuba libre ahead :)

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
So where exactly is this little gem located? I have traveled the road from Cabarete to Sosua and back a million times, but I never noticed a restaurant of that name along the way. Is there a sign?

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
oh right .....I have been there without knowing it lol , i only had presidente is it just aday time thing or is it open at night

it was three years ago so may have changed hands

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
anyone if the nearby rincon or roncon open again , it was nice there.....wonder what went wrong

snoozer

Jan 22, 2004
We stopped there the other day again. Cold beer, good food and quiet beach.

I have known Evelyn for a few years and always enjoy visiting with her.

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
Sorry people, but I still have no clue where it is. lol. Don't know the paintball place. The restaurant sounds great after all the recommendations and I would really like to try it when we are back.

snoozer

Jan 22, 2004
Head east from Sosua towards Cabarete. After passing Coconut Palms there is a straight piece of road and you will see a large golf ball on a post and a sign for the bar, turn left there. The road to La Cienega is across the road. If you get to Kite Beach you have gone too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.