Renewing dominican cedula in the u.s!! Nyc

bella0728

Jun 17, 2011
Hello, its my 1st time posting here, I need help big time with an issue. My husband was born in DR, has lived in Nyc for about 15 yrs, citizen over 8 ( I was born in the U.S. of a dominican parent but neither of us are familiar with the laws and rules of DR). Anyhow, he has a cedula, and he needs to renew it because the account we have, under his Name in DR, supposely will be frozen if he doesnt renew it. RUMOR HAS IT, HE NEEDS TO GO 2 DR TO RENEW THE CEDULA!!!.... Is this true, or can he renew it here in NYC which is where he got it to begin with. ThanXXX

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Hello, its my 1st time posting here, I need help big time with an issue. My husband was born in DR, has lived in Nyc for about 15 yrs, citizen over 8 ( I was born in the U.S. of a dominican parent but neither of us are familiar with the laws and rules of DR). Anyhow, he has a cedula, and he needs to renew it because the account we have, under his Name in DR, supposely will be frozen if he doesnt renew it. RUMOR HAS IT, HE NEEDS TO GO 2 DR TO RENEW THE CEDULA!!!.... Is this true, or can he renew it here in NYC which is where he got it to begin with. ThanXXX

He can renew it in NYC with no problems at all! Quick and pain free!

DominicanPielcanela

Jun 20, 2011
Can you tell me where? I need to renew mine too but i live in TX and I will be in NYC for 3 days next month. There is no Dominican Consulate in TX :(
Please Help!

bella0728

Jun 17, 2011
Hey!! Sure, It is in midtown Manhattan, and the address is 1501 Broadway Suite 412. They have the Junta Central Electoral there, I forgot which floor it was=( Sorry! It was quick and easy. Since we went driving, not sure which trains go, but I believe it is close to Times Square 42nd St, therefore most trains in the nyc area go there=) Good luck!! I recommend taking the train lol.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Hey!! Sure, It is in midtown Manhattan, and the address is 1501 Broadway <b>Suite 412.</B> They have the Junta Central Electoral there, <b>I forgot which floor it was</b>=( Sorry! It was quick and easy. Since we went driving, not sure which trains go, but I believe it is close to Times Square 42nd St, therefore most trains in the nyc area go there=) Good luck!! I recommend taking the train lol.

The first digit in the suite number tells you the floor, which in this case is 4, so, it is the 4th floor not to insult anyone's intelligence.

I just went there to try to get mine and the price was $15 dollars but was disappointed that after waiting and paying for my cedula for a couple of hours they told me that I would have to personally come back to NYC within 60 days to sign for it once it gets back from Santo Domingo.

It was my fault though because I failed to read the requirements and instructions where it detailed such information on the handout sheet. So, I asked for mis chelitos back and stormed out regretting the two hours wasted, extra hours that I could have enjoyed aboard my 3-days the city guide bus tour.

Also make sure that your birth certificate is not stamped prior to 2004 but preferably stamped after 2008 for a smoother transaction.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Also make sure that your birth certificate is not stamped prior to 2004 but preferably stamped after 2008 for a smoother transaction.

That is unfortunate. What is it about Dominican Birth Certificates that makes them "expire" after a period of time?

bella0728

Jun 17, 2011
Only an insult when it is taken as such....Maybe you will have better luck elsewhere......Good luck!