Import from Mexico advice

Nov 25, 2008
I would like to know if anyone has any import experience from Mexico, I am negotiating with a company to represent them here in the DR

PM me thanks

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Jorge: Aren't they a part of the NAFTA deal? and isn't there a DR-NAFTA? Seems pretty cut and dried. I wish you good luck!

HB

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
CAFTA?DR (or DR-CAFTA) is a comprehensive trade agreement among Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and the United States while NAFTA includes only Canada, USA and Mexico.

I am not sure if there is a free trade agreement where the players include both the DR and Mexico. I have seen reports about issues with importers of Mexican cement into the DR.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You are right! The DR-US FTA is bi-lateral...hummm, Jorge if that is so, you might want to take care...

HB

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
since when did trade agreements mean anything to the DR?. they have observer status in Caricom, and a free trade agreement of sorts is already in place. try importing anything from Caricom and see what happens. just ask the cement guys from Jamaica.