TV Advertising Santo Domingo? Advice Please!

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Hi All

I am thinking of having a advertising campaign on local television in Santo Domingo and to maximize my target audience i thought i would be best to run the commercial during a popular news programme as i feel that all walks of life watch the local news either between 12-2pm or in the evening.

As i am not living in Santo Domingo i would like to know what local news programmes are popular, the names of them and what channel they appear on. I have been told that the individual programmes run and pick their own commerciales rather than the network doing so...is this correct?

Any advice on maximizing my campaign and or who, where and how i should contact to start the process.

Thank you

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
I'd look at getting placement behind home plate come Dominican winter league season. I wouldn't waste my time with bigger markets like Licey, Escogido or Santiago though, I'd go with the smallest market teams where the ad space is the cheapest, your product will get just as much eyeball time because the games, regardless of location are shown all over the country. Seriously, you can't enter a colmado in the DR without a game on TV.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I agree with Mason. Mind you, such a marketing strategy is only successful if sufficiently viewed and easily recognisable.

You also have to decide which audience you want to reach, and at which hours they will watch, and what they will be viewing.

I know from experience this is a media where you can get loads of exposure, and big revenues for a reasonable cost, but you can also blow big bucks with minimal return.

You really need some expert advice on this, before investing big time. Advice you will not be able to get here, unless there are some marketing and tv moguls on here we do not know about.

I only know that it is better to be seen 30 times per day, then 2 times at prime time. Why do you think the arch of MC is so recognisable... not because of the quality of their burgers, that's for sure.