Man from Europe selling frio-frio in Boca Chica

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Did anyone else hear about this? While I was out and about today someone told me about a man from Europe who came here on vacation it seems to meet up with a girl he met online. Not sure but I guess he lost his money and some of his belongings and is now selling ice cream in order to pay for his plane back home??? Maybe this is old news but I just heard about it today. If it is true, soooo sad.

Feb 7, 2007
Well, that stuff sells at what ... 10 pesos? He will need to sell lots of it to buy that ticket. If that is true, poor soul ... HOWEVER I know, Embassies usually help and if he has relatives back home (and very few folks don't) they can wire the money or send it through the embassy and the embassy makes all arrangements, including replacement passport/pass-card, etc. Thousand bucks or so should not be that much for any family to come up with, especially considering leaving a family member stuck and struggling abroad. Probably more to this story than what is posted (mental illness?? etc comes to my mind) ...

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I'm pretty sure this guy is doing this to make a living in DR. I personally met in Sosua a couple years ago Europeans doing of security guys in small hotels and other low range jobs in DR just because they want to be there living the crazy life.

JJ

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I'm pretty sure this guy is doing this to make a living in DR. I personally met in Sosua a couple years ago Europeans doing of security guys in small hotels and other low range jobs in DR just because they want to be there living the crazy life.

JJ

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
We are not getting the full story. This man seems like he's a bit up there in age-not old, but no spring chicken, either.

You mean to tell me this guy's been working in his country all his life and has no life savings?

And his family can't scrounge up the requisite cash for the flight? If he and his family are so broke, what exactly is he going back to? Who's going to have him?

I also don't understand why he was let into the country with a one-way ticket. I know this has been discussed before, but my understanding is that you need a two-way ticket for most international travel.

DESH1979

Jun 19, 2011
Hi i live in Boca chica its true the man is selling frio frio but he is doing it to make a living and hes not the full shilling shall we say i think he has issues

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Hi i live in Boca chica its true the man is selling frio frio but he is doing it to make a living and hes not the full shilling shall we say i think he has issues

I think he did not plan his trip well, but IMO this guy is a hero, he came and exposed his so called internet girlfriend for what she was, a big fraud. She should be in jail and if I was him I would've exposed her picture in the news as a way of pay back, and in the process probably rescue other poor souls that she and her husband or boyfriend are already scamming or are planning on scamming.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Every town will have its own, I think. In Jarabacoa lives an older Swedish guy. Lives very poorly and goes around doing little jobs like fixing a tv or a radio or some cables who have been bitten through by puppies. Sad? I don't think so, I have the impression that he wants to live like that, pretty smart guy actually.

Romik

Jul 31, 2009
Oooh ,now i understand, because everytime that i see him , i am thinking why this guy came over from his country to sell Skim Ice here, i was thinking he was with FBI, CIA etc . but why doesnt he go to his embassy? pobrecito