Can`t find polarized sunglasses nowhere

arp568

Aug 31, 2010
I have travel 5 times to DR from este to west & north to south & haven`t yet found polarized sunglasses. WHY ?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I have travel 5 times to DR from este to west & north to south & haven`t yet found polarized sunglasses. WHY ?
The culture of Dominican light doesn't bend properly, so polarized sunglasses don't work here.

The bigger market is polarized earphones tuned to the frequencies prevalent in meringue and bachata music. I made a mistake and got the reggaetone earphones, and they hang below the crack of my butt when I wear them...

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
Then you have not gone to the rights places to find them.....you can find Maui Jim and other high end glasses that are polarized in STI and SDQ. Look in the optical stores. Easy. The better question is why are you coming to the DR WITHOUT polarized glasses if you need them so bad .............

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
@CB..... RC

Where do you come up w/ this stuff??...:laugh:

the air is too thin in Jarabacoa:sleep:..... and the coffee has too much caffeine...:devious:

Thats what i think.....

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Metropolitan between Colon and Feb.27 on your left heading toward Feb.27 you will find them at an Optica Store. I forget the name.

That is in Santiago.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com

Since there is no snow here, I suppose you need them for on the water. Those are the two only reasons why you should need polarized sunglasses.
I think, but not sure, I have seen them in the optical store in La Sirena in POP. They sell definitely Rayban and Serengeti but only the expensive models are polarized.
Actually, I think its less expensive if you buy them in the States.

arp568

Aug 31, 2010
The polarized sunglasses are very good for all day use you don`t have to be in the snow or water. They reduce glare alot & because of that you see more cleary, see colors brighter & have better protection that is why is the better choice for these hot & sunny days.

Gays i`am looking for the cheap ones that cost around 25.00usd not disigner ones that cost 150 to 200usd. So do you guys think there`s a market for these sunglaases in DR., the look alike disigner ones?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
The polarized sunglasses are very good for all day use you don`t have to be in the snow or water. They reduce glare alot & because of that you see more cleary, see colors brighter & have better protection that is why is the better choice for these hot & sunny days.

Gays i`am looking for the cheap ones that cost around 25.00usd not disigner ones that cost 150 to 200usd. So do you guys think there`s a market for these sunglaases in DR., the look alike disigner ones?

So this is market research, pretty sneaky stuff!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

PLease note to whom the question is addressed and who answered quite quickly.....

Its a curious world we live in...... very open.... but curious.

Jul 4, 2010
In not gay, but I'm a guy who can't drive without polarized sunglasses. I use the aviator design which gives me a fuller field of vision. Polarized sunglasses provides visual depth and crispness that regular sunglasses don't. I've gone through many pairs, since they tend to break, get stolen, and lost. My best brand are the authentic Ray-Ban. I've bought expensive polarized sunglasses that turn out not to be. However, upon having lost a recent pair, when a fat lady accidentally sat on them when I unconsciously left them the front seat of my SUV, I walked the entire town of Azua looking for replacement. And Low n'Behold! I found an unbranded pair of excellently polarized sunglasses among very low budget sunglasses at a store. I bought the two pairs in existence for 150 pesos each, and gave one pair to an aged friend with eye problems. He said he couldn't see out of his left eye until he put on the sunglasses!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
My best brand are the authentic Ray-Ban.
Fully agree. There are several online stores that have decent RB sales.

I bought a pair of cheapie polarized sun glasses in Plaza International but they gave a bizzaro view through my SUV's safety glass.

And speaking of Ray-Ban, this is a fantastic tool, an augmented reality virtual mirror so you can see how you'd look wearing their sunglasses: Ray-Ban Official Web Site | Virtual Mirror - International. This is the future of online sales. BlueOrbDigital.com does some virtual reality, but nothing like this. Awesome!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Fully agree. There are several online stores that have decent RB sales.

I bought a pair of cheapie polarized sun glasses in Plaza International but they gave a bizzaro view through my SUV's safety glass.

And speaking of Ray-Ban, this is a fantastic tool, an augmented reality virtual mirror so you can see how you'd look wearing their sunglasses: Ray-Ban Official Web Site | Virtual Mirror - International. This is the future of online sales. BlueOrbDigital.com does some virtual reality, but nothing like this. Awesome!

Check this out for interactive, Robert.
My Australian daughter works at the ad/PR company that did this.

It will be the shape of their future around the world.

E-2 - Our Projects : Retail : OPSM Eye Hub

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Slick, indeed...and BIG bucks.

HUGE BUCKS
Its for the Luxottica.... largest eyeglass people in the world
Luxottica Group

They simulate, sunbathing... surfing...skiing (not SKing).. biking.... all of them
AND... they do it in the store..... wind tunnels... yak, yak ,ayk

You will see those stores soon in the larger cities of the planet.
Pilot project is 'down under'

Maybe we should start a simulation store..... for SKing.....

Just a joke Shalena, just a joke....

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
In not gay, but I'm a guy who can't drive without polarized sunglasses. I use the aviator design which gives me a fuller field of vision. Polarized sunglasses provides visual depth and crispness that regular sunglasses don't. I've gone through many pairs, since they tend to break, get stolen, and lost. My best brand are the authentic Ray-Ban. I've bought expensive polarized sunglasses that turn out not to be. However, upon having lost a recent pair, when a fat lady accidentally sat on them when I unconsciously left them the front seat of my SUV, I walked the entire town of Azua looking for replacement. And Low n'Behold! I found an unbranded pair of excellently polarized sunglasses among very low budget sunglasses at a store. I bought the two pairs in existence for 150 pesos each, and gave one pair to an aged friend with eye problems. He said he couldn't see out of his left eye until he put on the sunglasses!

Make sure you buy a pair then who are polarized the same way as the polarized window screens on practically all the cars here or you will see nada lol.

Yori

Jul 23, 2011
I got one from Zenni. I chose the brown polarized lenses and aviator frame. Totally cost me around $50, including shipping fee. The glasses work well and I wear them every day, especially for fishing. I think it?s a great deal.

SkyBlues

Apr 8, 2011
Sosua

I found polarized glasses in Sosua at a Dive Store. I am a boater and couldn't live without them. They cost about 20 Dollars a couple of years ago.