rain rain go away

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
This is what many have to go through when it rains in santo domingo.
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gqz6Ul6yg44" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I ll never forget how in december 2001 (not even rainseason) I almost drowned in my 1994 ford explorer, stowed with all my belongings (moving from one rented room to another), when I thought my 'yeepeta' was big enough to pass through the 'bad?n' in Lorenzo Desperadel (in front of Club Los Prados in Santo Domingo), laughing at the poor suckers in their toyota corollas that had to go back. When I was half way my vehicle started floating, then water entered, the water kept coming until it was above my dashboard! (the radio was under water). Happily I had manual windows so I could open a window and climb out, in my suit, the water came to my chest.

My (then) girlfriend (now wife) was sure that this would be the trigger for me to go back to my country, the only stuff I had here were CD's and books and my clothes....all wet...I told my 5 year old this story a while ago, and I heard him telling it to his cousins, it seems it had an impact on him. On me too, cause after 10 years, of which 5 we lived in Europe, I still am a little nervous passing through any charco of which I dont know how deep it is....

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
An entire family died (eight maybe?) on an underpass on the old 27 de Febrero from the airport...
These are not places for swinning...they got trapped in their car...

HB

May 12, 2005
Many of the parkways by me get flooded out and have to be closed if heavy rain falls in a short period of time. Anyone who lives or travels through Westchester knows what I am talking about.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Many of the parkways by me get flooded out and have to be closed if heavy rain falls in a short period of time. Anyone who lives or travels through Westchester knows what I am talking about.

Yep!!!!

Everyone ends up on Central Avenue!!!!!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
How much rain did you get?

I dont know. It was just a regular rain and this flooding is not even the worse one . Just normal day to day flooding on the road. We have been having rains every day now. Thanks to rain, my 4 day weekend was ruined in santiago.
Azb (sent by android phone).