Missing DR1 members

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2007
I think I have become a DR1 addict, not sure if that is good or bad but it is what it is

In that vein, has anyone seen or heard from:

TexasBill

BadPiece

Grahame Bush

Catcher in Rye

Don't know any of them (With exception fo telephone contact a long time ago with Bill) but they were prolific posters who seem to have disappeared. I'm sure many more are missing but they just jumped into my mind

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I think I have become a DR1 addict, not sure if that is good or bad but it is what it is

In that vein, has anyone seen or heard from:

TexasBill

BadPiece

Grahame Bush

Catcher in Rye

Don't know any of them (With exception fo telephone contact a long time ago with Bill) but they were prolific posters who seem to have disappeared. I'm sure many more are missing but they just jumped into my mind
I get emails from Texas Bill frequently, he's alive and well with his wife in TX. BaPiece comes and goes, Grahame drops in occasionally, Catcher went fairly silent after the Sosua "kidnapping." He may be still searching for the kidnappers.

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
I guess lol
but she always had good input and she was here everyday
so yes I wondered
just wanted to make sure she is ok
Manu

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Grahame is fine, just doesn't really post any more. People leave DR1 for all sorts of reasons. They get banned, or fed up with the sexism, racism, sexual orientationism, arrogance, american politics, or whatever. Would be nice if it was a site just about the Dominican Republic, living here, visiting here and people could leave their prejudices at the door.

matilda

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Grahame is fine, just doesn't really post any more. People leave DR1 for all sorts of reasons. They get banned, or fed up with the sexism, racism, sexual orientationism, arrogance, american politics, or whatever. Would be nice if it was a site just about the Dominican Republic, living here, visiting here and people could leave their prejudices at the door.

matilda

Yes indeed Matilda!

Willy

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I miss a lot of the 'old' posters too....those you mentioned and some others.

pedrochemical, juanita & jdsauser [one little peep from him recently] come to mind. I know there are more who I'll think of after I click 'post quick reply' :)

I also wish more of the Dominicans would post more frequently, but I think some of them get disgusted with the know-it-all-gringo-attitude that sometimes permeates a thread....

And where IS mountainannie???

Maybe she finally found someplace to escape to from SD!

AE

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
In every forum everywhere, posters come, posters go, all for various reasons.

Oldsters go, noobs come and get legs.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

This is STILL the BEST Dominican forum anywhere, bar none. If folks want it to be better, make better posts and threads.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Matildas" Utopian DR1 Would die a Fast And Painless Death!

The Real DR1 does BOTH, It gives news and information,AND,(Probably more important to It's survival)
ENTERTAINS!!!!

You want information,try "Google",you want to be entertained,stay with DR1!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Don't Ya just love those "Holier Than Thou", PC Correct,Party Poopers ?????

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009

matilda

If you had your way there would be 4 pages with 3 threads, with the last post from 2007.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
If you had your way there would be 4 pages with 3 threads, with the last post from 2007.

I love DR1 but if i had my way there would not be so many posts from men looking for hot women, nor posts saying when someone was killed it was their fault, nor posts calling Dominicans stupid, nor posts against gays, blacks and women. Call me PC if you like. I prefer to call it human decency.

Matilda

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
One thing I like about DR1 is there is something for everybody. Nobody has to read every thread, much less post. I know I don't.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I miss the folks who can never post again: Fireguy, Ginnie, Rick Snyder...

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I love DR1 but if i had my way there would not be so many posts from men looking for hot women, nor posts saying when someone was killed it was their fault, nor posts calling Dominicans stupid, nor posts against gays, blacks and women. Call me PC if you like. I prefer to call it human decency.

Matilda

I call it Borrrrrring!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.