Three and four years ago, I drove thewell surfaced Moca Highway often

Papa Benito

Dec 5, 2006
Recently, I drove the road again. It has disintegrated into thousands of potholes. Typical of the country's disintegration under Leonel !:cry:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The Moca-Sabaneta de Yasica road through Jimao?

I am guessing that is the road the OP is talking about. It has been deteriorating a lot over the past couple of years to the point of becoming more dangerous each passing month. It is not as bad as when I first took it about 8 years ago, but it is rapidly approaching that state once again.

snoozer

Jan 22, 2004
I drove from Sosua to Las Galeras and the road is perfect, much improved from the same trip 2 years ago. I said then that I would not return to LG until the road was repaired.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Please do not drive the Sabanetta to Moca road ( RT 21). It is dangerous and should not be driven at any risk. It is the Bermuda triangle of the DR. Polo Roto is the epicenter of this fatal journey. I once stopped for a beer and ended up playing dominoes all day waking up the next morning in Santiago and not knowing how i got there. Twilight zone times 2.

Seriously, the road is still in decent shape except for a few areas that got shifted by minor tremors. All fixed but very bumpy. There is some road wear but for a mountain road in the DR it is in excellent shape.

Just please be carefull while driving this road while going thru some areas for the houses are close to the road and there are many kids along the way.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Last time I rode that road-and we ride it often-was a month ago, late May.The bad spots are generally where they should be expected: low spots in the road where there is poor drainage.

There are much worse roads.

But I'm with you, Jumbo: STAY OFF THAT ROAD*!!!!

Leave it to us...:ninja:

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Please do not drive the Sabanetta to Moca road ( RT 21). It is dangerous and should not be driven at any risk. It is the Bermuda triangle of the DR. Polo Roto is the epicenter of this fatal journey. I once stopped for a beer and ended up playing dominoes all day waking up the next morning in Santiago and not knowing how i got there. Twilight zone times 2.

Seriously, the road is still in decent shape except for a few areas that got shifted by minor tremors. All fixed but very bumpy. There is some road wear but for a mountain road in the DR it is in excellent shape.

Just please be carefull while driving this road while going thru some areas for the houses are close to the road and there are many kids along the way.

It's really not that bad. And we don't have many options if you live in Sosua and have to go to Santiago or Moca. The highway through Navarete is very dangerous. My last 3 trips, I've seen major accidents. Rice or cement trucks.