gas prices

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
hello every one does any body know the current gas prices in pop right now. im thinking about getting a retal for the vacation

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Close to 6 bucks a gallon. Get out of the car and watch the attendant every time you get gas.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Sometimes the attendant will PI$$ in your tank if you don't get out of the car!
I have seen this MANY times in PP.Unsuspecting "Touristas" will stay in their car without paying attention,meanwhile the guy "Fills" your tank!
Always remember: Better "PI$$ED OFF,than "PI$$ED ON!!!!!!"

PS,You should see what they use to "Grease" your wheel barrings"!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Sometimes the attendant will PI$$ in your tank if you don't get out of the car!
I have seen this MANY times in PP.Unsuspecting "Touristas" will stay in their car without paying attention,meanwhile the guy "Fills" your tank!
Always remember: Better "PI$$ED OFF,than "PI$$ED ON!!!!!!"

PS,You should see what they use to "Grease" your wheel barrings"!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

SSSSick

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
A guy I know pulled up at the gas station in Bavaro at Fruisa. He told the guy to fill his tank with regular gasoline. He got diesel fuel instead. Needless to say not long after the car would not run.

But to the station's credit, the owner had the car towed and cleaned the tank for him. The attendant is pumping something else, as he is not pumping any more gas.

Do get out of your car and watch.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Why? What is he going to do that you can't see from inside the car?

Start pumping your gas without resetting the pump. Come on Dave, the station outside caberette going towards sabanetta is famous for this. You have been in the DR over 6 years and know what i was getting at. I expect better from you.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Start pumping your gas without resetting the pump. Come on Dave, the station outside caberette going towards sabanetta is famous for this. You have been in the DR over 6 years and know what i was getting at. I expect better from you.

We use that gas station frequently and never had a problem with it. Guy comes forward before starting to pump and says signor...zero...of course we already had a look ourselves before he says it.
Its called common sense if you live here two year or six years or longer.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
We use that gas station frequently and never had a problem with it. Guy comes forward before starting to pump and says signor...zero...of course we already had a look ourselves before he says it.
Its called common sense if you live here two year or six years or longer.

They won't try it with someone that they know. It is when a tourist in a rental car comes along.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com

I know all the "tricks of the trade" at the gas stations in DR, but none of them require getting out of your car to check on. Just watch which pump he uses (regular vs. premium vs. diesel), and look at the meter...all done while sitting in your car...why get out?

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
:ermm:
A guy I know pulled up at the gas station in Bavaro at Fruisa. He told the guy to fill his tank with regular gasoline. He got diesel fuel instead. Needless to say not long after the car would not run.

But to the station's credit, the owner had the car towed and cleaned the tank for him. The attendant is pumping something else, as he is not pumping any more gas.

This happened to a friend of my husbands at the same gas station, but he needed diesel and they put in regular:pirate:
And they did come out , towed him and pumped out the tank.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com

As our car does sound like a diesel, we are always very clear in what we want in it...REGULAR por favor, never had any problems with it.
Still don't get the fact why you should get out of your car though...

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
:ermm:
This happened to a friend of my husbands at the same gas station, but he needed diesel and they put in regular:pirate:
And they did come out , towed him and pumped out the tank.

This happened to me in Belgium as well, and there I had to call the lease company and they had to pay for all the costs. The fuel station played dummy.

jaydee427

Dec 21, 2008
It is not advised to exit your vehicle or watch the pump because of the probability of the attendant pi**ing in your tank or giving you the wrong grade / type of gas. It is deter them from siphoning money out of you. A lot of Dominican motorist do not fill up at the pump. They may buy something like $300, $700, or $1000 pesos worth of gas. So if you pull up to a pump, ask for $700 pesos of gas and the last motorist at that pump purchased $300 pesos worth of gas, then the attendant will then place the gas nozzle into your tank, acting like he's ACTUALLY giving you gas. He would then act like the pump shut down by itself AFTER he pumped $300 pesos of gas in your car. He would show you $300 on the screen then reset or "zero" out the screen and pump "an additional" $400 pesos of gas into your tank, totaling the original $700 that you asked for. However, in reality, you are only getting $400 pesos worth and paid for $700 pesos. So now, the attendant is pocketing and extra $300 pesos. Sometimes they won't use the "accidental pump shutdown" tactic. For tourist, they would act like they did not understand the amount you told them. You be saying to yourself or your riding buddy " I told the idiot $700 and he gives me $300". For years they got over on me with those same tactics.

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
May not be too bad if the attendant P****S in your tank. You may wind up with a higher octane result from the rum/beer that was in the attendant. Could actually increase performance/ mileage.

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
i had a gas attendant get in my rental and try to show me were my hotel was when i first went to dr sosua and i dropped him at the station and didnt ask for any money. i guess they dont like jack asses when they see them