Software engineers needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

lerobbins

Apr 14, 2011
Looking for computer science / electrical engineers interested in contract, project work. Based on some of the personalities ive met on the board thought I might get lucky here, since job requires sense of adventure and doesn't offer standard benefits package FT US employees are accustomed to. But it does pay well. Job requires software inspection / testing on oil rigs. No direct experience required but stellar software skills a must. Oil & gas experience a huge plus but not a requirement. Work conducted in shipyards in Singapore and south korea as well as Europe and Africa on occasion. Starting pay ~$650US/ day incl. weekends with room for growth based on experience length of employment. Typical engagement 4-5 weeks on followed by 4-5 weeks off. All expenses paid and business class travel typical. Early retirees on the look out for extra cash and infrequent work welcome ( this is one job where professional and life experience is a real advantage). Thanks for your consideration. Laura

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Can you post more info on what you consider steller software skills?

In what software platform? Writing code? Testing code for quality?
Who should they contact?

I'd be tempted to do this myself :)

lerobbins

Apr 14, 2011
No code writing involved. Nin terms of software MS office applications for report writing , insert charts, create table of contents, analyze pivot table, etc. For onsite, experience with specific vendors such as NOV isn't as important as the ability to manage software testing projects. I can get additional info but basic requirements include gathering documentation, testing ( does correct window open when XYZ entered in field A), navigating rig politics ( I need this manual, I need time in control room), report writing and ideally product enhancement.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Inquiring

No code writing involved. Nin terms of software MS office applications for report writing , insert charts, create table of contents, analyze pivot table, etc. For onsite, experience with specific vendors such as NOV isn't as important as the ability to manage software testing projects. I can get additional info but basic requirements include gathering documentation, testing ( does correct window open when XYZ entered in field A), navigating rig politics ( I need this manual, I need time in control room), report writing and ideally product enhancement.

You have pm

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Bye Robert! :)

Enjoy Singapore!

Having worked for myself for the past 15 years, not sure how would adapt to having a boss :)
The last time I sent a CV I was 17. hehehe

The sense of adventure part "piqued" my antenna, especially after living and working in a bunch of countries the past 20 years.

lerobbins

Apr 14, 2011
Having worked for myself for the past 15 years, not sure how would adapt to having a boss :)

The sense of adventure part "piqued" my antenna, especially after living and working in a bunch of countries the past 20 years.

Would encourage you to give Chris a buzz all the same. He's definitely not a micromanager , all contractors work pretty independently.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006

What's a CV?

lerobbins

Apr 14, 2011
Software Application User/ Client fits the post title. (not Software Engineer) smh..

No, per the original post we are looking specifically for engineers, preferably CS or EE. I've given a very simplistic explanation of job herein, but web post goes into a bit more detail. I stressed the MS office stuff because many engineers accustomed to highly technical roles get rusty when it comes to basic stuff like creating a report and can get really bogged down with the number of technical documents that need to be produced independently in this role. Description above is very simplistic. In reality you will be testing unique control systems software, witnessing commissioning of complex drilling equipment , etc. I am not hiring manager but as I said earlier, web has better descriptor and more info available upon request.

Status
Not open for further replies.