how can i go from DR to Miami on a boat ????

Pamabreu

Jul 3, 2011
Hi, i currently live in the Dominican Republic and i am trying to get to Miami on a boat. i am a US citizen but i was diagnosed with a heart condition in which i cant travel on an airplane. My family lives in the united states and my dream would be to spend Christmas with them but do to my condition i fear i cant. if anyone can help me please let me know. i would really appreciate it.
Thanks

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Get in contact with the big Ship Chandlers...Mella and other shipping companies to see if any of the ships that come here will take passengers. Also there are cruise ships coming here that certainly take on passengers. You should be able to find something.

Good Luck.

HB

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
You might want to also check out the Ferry from Santo Domingo to San Juan and find out what kind of marine transportation there is from San Juan to Miami

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
not to make light of your medical condition cause I too have heart problems, that said, maybe you can find a benevolent drug runner.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The only "condition" that would be different on a plane,is that it is only pressurized to about 6 to 8000 feet.That means you would be exposed to an oxygen level like going up a mountain to that altitude. If that is the problem,maybe you can fly with continuous 02.That,I can't say if the airlines would allow.

CC

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The only "condition" that would be different on a plane,is that it is only pressurized to about 6 to 8000 feet.That means you would be exposed to an oxygen level like going up a mountain to that altitude. If that is the problem,maybe you can fly with continuous 02.That,I can't say if the airlines would allow.

CC

You got it CC........... my father was emphysemic and could correctly guess what the cabin was set at quite accurately.

Before 9/11... they would accommodate him and adjust the pressure a little to help him out.
But, YES... he was allowed to have his oxygen during flight.

This was the old days... may not apply now.....

He had all the doctors' letters, etc and warned the airlines in advance..... he used their O2 but was prepared to bring his own