fast self check in at airports!!

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
American Airlines self-service check-in now in Santo Domingo, Santiago, Puerto Plata

661C3C32-F0C0-45F7-80BE-A5780FA28668.jpeg
D79AE760-E535-4882-B7C6-4258007D5B24.jpeg
B1B16CAB-F960-4B1A-9D51-8E3365AB269D.jpeg

Santo Domingo- American Airlines announced the installation of self service check-in machines in front of the carrier’s service counters, in the Santo Domingo, Santiago and Puerto Plata airports.

American Airlines said the machines feature passport readers to expedite the airport check-in process for travelers, making it more flexible and faster.

“We know that our passengers will enjoy the convenience, speed and reliability of this self-check in service, with which they can choose their seat, tag their luggage and register for flight,” said Oliver Bojos, American Airlines director in Dominican Republic. "As always our agents will be available to attend those who wish to make their check-in the traditional manner.”

How does it work?

The passenger begins by passing their passport or through inserting their credit card through reader in the machine and selecting their itinerary.

If the passenger is traveling with passport which the machine cannot read, they should simply follow the instructions on the machine’s screen to do so manually.

After completing the identification process, a boarding pass will be printed.

If a passenger requires some assistance during the process to verify the visa, travel documents, error in the name and expired passports, agents are available to help them complete the transaction.

If they have luggage to check, the self-service can also be used:

You go through the check-in with the automatic machine and then register suitcases in the counters designated “Luggage Only”, the same ones used for people who check-in via the Website or in some of the American Airlines service offices.

AA agents may require a review of your travel documents before finalizing your check-in process. For more information on the self-service, visit American Airlines Self-Service Check-In / AA.com

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
SELF-SERVICE CHECK-IN

Accessing Self-Service Check-In

E-ticket holders can access Self-Service Check-In for U.S. and select international* locations:

For faster service, swipe your AAdvantage Executive Platinum?, AAdvantage Platinum? or AAdvantage Gold? card

Admirals Club? or AAirpass? cards with magnetic strips may be used with our convenient Self-Service machines

For identification purposes, you may also swipe a major credit card or you can locate your reservation with your six-character locator and your name. Please note, the name on the card must match the name in the reservation

*Check the listings below for airports and locations that provide this service.

Easy Instructions
Follow the easy on-screen instructions to:

Choose English, French, Japanese or Spanish language options

Check in for up to four (4) flight segments

Select or change your seat

Print or reprint your boarding pass

Check your bags (at ticket counter locations only)

Use the check your bags only option if you already checked in on AA.com

Add your AAdvantage number

Stand by for an earlier or later same-day flight for eligible passengers

AAdvantage members may request an upgrade.

Request a duplicate receipt

Enhancements

We are always looking for innovative ways to improve your travel experience so check back often for the latest Self-Service Check-In news. Recent enhancements include:

Same-day travel changes. When you check in for your flight with our Self-Service machines, you'll have the option to confirm a flight change for a charge within 12 hours of departure of alternate flights when traveling on a discounted fare.

Eligible passengers may standby for an alternate flight at no charge.

Print boarding passes for up to four flight segments and check bags - even if you have already checked in using Online Flight Check In on AA.com.

Check your bags faster by using the bar code on your boarding pass. Your reservation will be retrieved automatically with no need to swipe a credit card to identify yourself or provide flight information.

Baggage charges for pieces under 50 pounds each, may be processed using a credit card.

American Airlines Self-Service Check-In / AA.com

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Does this mean that DR residents flying out of POP for the US can now get an e-ticket? I have not been able to get an e-ticket it the past.

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
I'm dropping a friend off at Las Americas tomorrow. I'm thinking it will be worth paying for parking to go in and watch people learning how to use the self-service check-in. People in the US have enough difficulty with the machines, so it will be exceptionally interesting to see what happens in a country where there are not even self-service gasoline pumps.

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
Both AA and Copa let you check in at home, print your boarding pass and just drop off your bag. With only carry on just go straight to departure.

Jan 17, 2009
You can actually do self-checking online for international flights on American.

My experience in the POP airport wasn't good. There's an agent standing by the machine, and wouldn't let me do the check-in on my own even when I said I had done it a zillion times in the US. I didn't like that you cannot select the number of suitcases you're checking in. When I asked, the answer was rather silly. You can't because they need to charge if you bring extra suitcases. I only had the allowed one. In the US, you can choose 2 suitcases and pay right at the machine by sweeping your cc.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
this should be interesting although checking in at POP and SDQ has always been a 5-10 minute process for me.