Oops! I lost my Cedula and Residencia!

botemon

Jun 28, 2008
Greetings,
Well?as luck would have it I really messed up and lost my Cedula and Perm Residencia. And I just finished the renewing process a couple months ago. I MAY have left them at the passport control booth at POP airport a few weeks ago upon arrival. When I left the country I asked them about this (lost and found) and of course they totally don?t understand what I?m talking about?..Sooooo?.I am afraid that on my next trip home I will have to figure out how to replace the lost Cedula and Residencia cards. Anyone ever had this happen before and know where I need to go to get them replaced? Costs involved? I imagine a trip to Immigration in SD will be in order. I really look forward to that! Thanks in advance for any info! I know, I was a dumb A$$ for losing them!:disappoin
Respectfully,

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Well, I am no expert on the legalities of your situation but have very recent experience of 'losing' brand new residencia (in my case, only 2 hours old) and you can read the full story here http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/114474-adventure-capital-how-renew-residency-cedula-hard-way.html

If I had not been armed with the relevant police report detailing the theft of my belongings, bearing in mind that I had no residency card or cedula (albeit out of date) + no passport, the further residency card, for which they charged me an additional RD$ 2500, and cedula would not have been a possibility.

I would therefore suggest that you report your lost cards and take a detailed police report firstly to Immigration to obtain duplicate residency card and a further (must be original copy) to the offices where they issue cedulas for extranjeros.

Good luck!!

botemon

Jun 28, 2008
Oh my! What a day that was. Its difficult enough to "get things done" without all the other stuff happening! I believe now though it will be advantageous for me to file a police report. This seemed to have helped expedite things for you...if there is such a word in the DR!
Thanks for sharing!!!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Oh my! What a day that was. Its difficult enough to "get things done" without all the other stuff happening! I believe now though it will be advantageous for me to file a police report. This seemed to have helped expedite things for you...if there is such a word in the DR!
Thanks for sharing!!!

Not just advantageous..... Its a requirement in order to obtain a replacement.... you need the police report, as I understand it

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
I had lost my cedula once. JCE asked me for the police certificate. I went to the Policia Nacional, to a room on right side corner as you enter. They charge a little and gave me letter immediately. then took that letter to the JCE office again and paid the regular hefty fees and got it immediately. Everything in just two hours. but i do not know about the Residencia.