Medical, dental and visual insurance
Trainings
Annual Bonus
Christmas Bonus
Salary raise annualy

Interested candidates should email a resume to hr.lady1965@hotmail.com

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Uhh, that would be "four" teachers,and you are going to have trouble finding one, let alone four...

You want an English speaking, Education Graduate, in Phys. Ed.?? Good Grief, Charlie Brown!

And Experienced? Whoa, you had better be paying major money...nothing "competitive" ....

"Trainings" is not correct either...so I guess you are not a "Native" speaker. That would be Training.

Finally, you should have said: Yearly raise in salary upon successful work....Carrot and stick...

And, you do not mention a "Return Flight" ....New Horizons supposedly gives you a return flight, so I hear...

Good luck at this late date, the barrel might be getting empty!...But I will ask around!!! Why not?

HB

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"HB",.....Maybe,Just Maybe........................

The "SEEKING",should be"LOOKING",then the "FOR" would be correct.

We need a "Hobby"!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

CC

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Like I said CCCCC, English is not her first language...but enough of the joking, Hope they get someone. I put out the word...

HB

Last edited:

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
In July....wow this will be tough......I do think HB and CC need a hobby but gringostudent, you surely don't realize HB has been bilingual "all his life"....and 50 years in DR to practice.....good luck HR lady!! A lot of schools use the DR1 classifieds.

Charles Lowman

Mar 14, 2010
www.starquesteducation.com
I'm wondering if the BA is supposed to be MA, i.e. certified teacher, or if its just different there in the DR. Here in the US, the secondary schools would require a BA in the related subject/discipline and a MA in education. It's tough to fill core subject teaching positions here in July as those positions are typically filled just before the end of the school year. I imagine its probably the same there in the DR. I gave notice of my decision to retire early in 2010-11 academic calendar. My replacement was sitting in on my classes and observing my lesson plans during the last 3 weeks of the year. I expect the transition will go smoothly in the Fall.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I'm wondering if the BA is supposed to be MA, i.e. certified teacher, or if its just different there in the DR. Here in the US, the secondary schools would require a BA in the related subject/discipline and a MA in education. It's tough to fill core subject teaching positions here in July as those positions are typically filled just before the end of the school year. I imagine its probably the same there in the DR. I gave notice of my decision to retire early in 2010-11 academic calendar. My replacement was sitting in on my classes and observing my lesson plans during the last 3 weeks of the year. I expect the transition will go smoothly in the Fall.

There lots of out of work teachers, fresh out the universities. There are also lots of teachers without their masters degree. Isn't there websites where this can be posted that are exclusively for teachers?

Charles Lowman

Mar 14, 2010
You do not need a Master's in the States to teach, that is dependent on the district. Schoolspring is another huge job database.
Absolutely correct MaineGirl. That was the norm before the Bush-Clinton-Bush II regimes screwed up the nation and sold it out to the multinational corporations and bankers. But these days, budget shortfalls have hit virtually every district in the country. Districts are closing schools and consolidating by increasing class sizes from 30 to 45 and even 60 in some districts. Teachers have been laid off indefinitely or terminated. There are so many certified teachers looking for jobs that an MA is now the requirement and offers to non-certified teachers are a very rare exception these days.

MaineGirl

Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
I agree with you there Charles. Our school district had a 2.7 mil shortfall this year. 11 people lost their jobs. We consolidated in 2008 (went from three small districts to one big district). It has been a very difficult change process. I have not seen larger classes yet but there is talk of a "mega high school" and people are not happy about that. Schools should be in the heart of the communities they serve not 30 miles away.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Absolutely correct MaineGirl. That was the norm before the Bush-Clinton-Bush II regimes screwed up the nation and sold it out to the multinational corporations and bankers. But these days, budget shortfalls have hit virtually every district in the country. Districts are closing schools and consolidating by increasing class sizes from 30 to 45 and even 60 in some districts. Teachers have been laid off indefinitely or terminated. There are so many certified teachers looking for jobs that an MA is now the requirement and offers to non-certified teachers are a very rare exception these days.

Which is why I said there are lots of teachers available. Here is Canada schools have been closing or downsizing not just because of the economy so much as people moving out of the rural areas and only having 1.5 children. Consolidation makes sense when the demographics will no longer support having almost empty schools still open. I still remember taking 2 hour bus rides to school, and that's 37 years ago. Charles your first statement is bunk, the decay in your nation goes much farther than blaming the presidents and multinationals.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You grammar nazis also missed the OP's usage of the word "visual insurance"!
She was also not consistent in captalizing every word.
Y'alls are getting sloppy oba dare.

t'

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Then get the word out folks and maybe we can start some young teacher on his/her way!!

I posted a similar request a couple of weeks ago and got zilch in response...which is why I was so negative with this latest posting.

You teachers out there, get to work!!

HB

MaineGirl

Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Bob my school was 22 miles away from my home and on the way back we were the last to be dropped off, in winter that often meant after dark. Interestingly enough because my town did not have a school and we were not locked into tuition agreements with any school, I had my choice of where to attend and my parents if they wanted could transport me to any school (click the link to see where I grew up, very remote). So, one year I chose a school in Valencia, Venezuela and my town agreed to pay for the experience....saving $200 that year on my schooling as opposed to busing me 22 miles away. That is the power of a small community, to the 50 residents that vote in my town I will forever be the little farmgirl who went to Venezuela (and saved them $200). It was through AFS.

Back to the OP...good luck.

FWIW most private school websites in the DR contain errors in the English.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Wish I would have been aware of a program like that as a teenager. I too am truly a hick from the sticks. I spent my first five years of school in bused to Grassy plains BC, when my dad was a forest ranger at Francois LakeFRANCOIS LAKE - Francois Lake B.C. Canada. Made our spending money selling worms to ffishing lodges every summer.
I think the OP should advertise on the webpages that Amity and Charles have suggested.

Charles Lowman

Mar 14, 2010
. Charles your first statement is bunk, the decay in your nation goes much farther than blaming the presidents and multinationals.

I did say the "regimes" of these presidents (Bush-Clinton-Bush II). They were on watch, or asleep at the helm when the downward spiral was accelerated under their administrations. Ironically, I am somewhat inclined to agree with you. It may not be fair to blame presidents for the state of the nation. Our current President Obama not withstanding, presidents are mere figureheads that are beholden not to the citizenry, but to the interests of multinational corporations and bankers. When leaders send troops into harms way and spend billions on wars and regime change operations while the infrastructure and economy of their own nation is crumbling and in a state of disarray, yet corporate and banking profits are soaring, the regime is not representing the interests of the citizenry it represents the interests of those who profit from these actions.

Perhaps as a Canadian, you have an entirely different perspective than I do as an American who has lived here all of my life. I grew up spending weekends in Ontario, Canada. My family has a cottage and for many years a boat in one of the marinas in Canada. But I couldn't tell you much about the state of affairs in Canada except from what I could gather from reading a book or watching television. But if you know enough about my country to dismiss my critique of the aforementioned regimes as "bunk"....more power to ya!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I did say the "regimes" of these presidents (Bush-Clinton-Bush II). They were on watch, or asleep at the helm when the downward spiral was accelerated under their administrations. Ironically, I am somewhat inclined to agree with you. It may not be fair to blame presidents for the state of the nation. Our current President Obama not withstanding, presidents are mere figureheads that are beholden not to the citizenry, but to the interests of multinational corporations and bankers. When leaders send troops into harms way and spend billions on wars and regime change operations while the infrastructure and economy of their own nation is crumbling and in a state of disarray, yet corporate and banking profits are soaring, the regime is not representing the interests of the citizenry it represents the interests of those who profit from these actions.

Perhaps as a Canadian, you have an entirely different perspective than I do as an American who has lived here all of my life. I grew up spending weekends in Ontario, Canada. My family has a cottage and for many years a boat in one of the marinas in Canada. But I couldn't tell you much about the state of affairs in Canada except from what I could gather from reading a book or watching television. But if you know enough about my country to dismiss my critique of the aforementioned regimes as "bunk"....more power to ya!

I have numerous American cousins ( from all sides of the political debate) I'm not dismissing your critique at all, I just think it's misplaced as I believe the problems started far earlier than that and were largely caused by different faactors than you mentioned. Your current president( who seems to beholden to organized labour): 9.2 unemployment, increasing debt, no end in sight....say no more.

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
Then get the word out folks and maybe we can start some young teacher on his/her way!!

I posted a similar request a couple of weeks ago and got zilch in response...which is why I was so negative with this latest posting.

You teachers out there, get to work!!

HB

It's tough out here in the trenches. Maybe I'll apply in a few weeks, as we are still anticipating more lay-offs. Due to Dracanion legislation this can now happen at any time. Maybe unemployment and a job in the DR would allow me to put food on the table. (At least, mis vecinos in the DR would help with the food.) I could have sent you my nephew who was scheduled to graduate next year with a teaching degree, but was cut from the program (along with others) so the school can maintain their placement percentage. He'll be graduating without that teaching degree.

I think your lack of response is due to the demographics of DR1. Teachers I know who are looking to go abroad are very interested in the UAE and other Arab countries as they are lured by really high salaries. The DR wouldn't even be on their radar unless they have family or other ties. As others have posted, to find candidates you have to tap into where the new graduates and newly laid off are looking.

Ironically, we still have a shortage of bilingual teachers, and not many Hispanics that graduate are interested. (Something to do with the pay.) So those teachers with language skills, especially Spanish, have a tiny bit more security, but no gurantees.

I'll pass your original post to a couple of people I know who may be interested. I'd never accept the commision you're giving, but I've been wanting to ask for a couple of favors:)

Last edited: