real estate courses

la peke

Feb 17, 2011
does anyone know if in Punta Cana, Santo Domingo or on_line from the DR one can take real estate courses and get certified as an agent??????
Any info would be greatly appreciated

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
There is no certification in real estate. Just call yourself a realtor and you're a realtor.

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
There is no certification in real estate. Just call yourself a realtor and you're a realtor.

Well where does one learn to jack up prices against their clients, the in/outs of pre-construction ponzi schemes, how to register false titles & not sell any actual Real Estate then?

Jan 17, 2009
No certification, no regulation, no exclusive listings, no code of ethics .... I used to be a licensed realtor in the US; would never think of going into real estate here. It's like any sales job, sell car, sell houses, sell whatever you can.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Well where does one learn to jack up prices against their clients, the in/outs of pre-construction ponzi schemes, how to register false titles & not sell any actual Real Estate then?
For that you have to hire a lawyer and pay a judge and fiscal to be a "consultant."

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Suggest you send a pm to John Boyter. There was some talk of regulation but I am not sure how far it actually got!

matilda

Big Dan

Feb 14, 2009
There was this thread on the topic of real estate licenses http://www.dr1.com/forums/real-estate/77955-real-estate-license-dr.html still nothing has materialised.

I was also licensed in the U.S. and sold real estate for a few years.

Here's the down side to selling in DR.

No code of ethics
If there were a code of ethics, it would likely not be enforced.
No initial training, and no requirement for it
No periodic training
No multiple listing service
No market analysis
No "realtor" analysis, a subset in an MLS database to verify sales of agents.
No title insurance, or if available for new projects, it is limited.

When I return to the U.S. I'll sell houses again, but after doing my table top analysis of how the business works in DR I could never get involved with it.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Well I would say this is a great business opportunity for someone with a background in real estate and ethical practices. Word will eventually get around that one is a serious person and up front. I also expect companies here like Century 21 have their own internal standards.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Well I would say this is a great business opportunity for someone with a background in real estate and ethical practices. Word will eventually get around that one is a serious person and up front. I also expect companies here like Century 21 have their own internal standards.

There are no Real Estate standards of practice in DR... period. There are a handful of good bidnessmen you can trust. That is what Stewart Title is for.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
There are no Real Estate standards of practice in DR... period. There are a handful of good bidnessmen you can trust. That is what Stewart Title is for.

If Century 21 here is affiliated with the one in the States I'm sure they do. Maybe you mean to say that they aren't.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
If Century 21 here is affiliated with the one in the States I'm sure they do. Maybe you mean to say that they aren't.

You will get a clean title from Century 21, that is all I am saying Chip. Another very large name in the USA is a scumbaggery operation in the DR in some cities and semi-clean in other cities. So you absolutely can not generalize that a franchise name makes it a clean name in another country.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
You will get a clean title from Century 21, that is all I am saying Chip. Another very large name in the USA is a scumbaggery operation in the DR in some cities and semi-clean in other cities. So you absolutely can not generalize that a franchise name makes it a clean name in another country.

Tambo, I am saying I would expect these larger franchises to have certain code of ethics, then again seeing how many of said apparently are ethically challenged given that they were part in parcel to the recent real estate implosion it's plausible that what they have is merely lip service. The DR looks better everyday - not from progress but just realizing maybe it ain't so better in other places like we once thought. :)

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
How do you know?
Have you ever transacted with Century 21 in DR ever or just posting jibberish?
You are not helping by guessing.

I have dealt with century 21 several times and I don't have anything negative to say about them, not for the branch who works on the North Coast at least.

Maybe its time you stop posting silly quotes on my posts, you don't know me at all.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Tambo, I am saying I would expect these larger franchises to have certain code of ethics, then again seeing how many of said apparently are ethically challenged given that they were part in parcel to the recent real estate implosion it's plausible that what they have is merely lip service. The DR looks better everyday - not from progress but just realizing maybe it ain't so better in other places like we once thought. :)

There are a few good folks associated with large "Franchise" names, and a few bad apples as well, dat's all I am sayin'. I am not going to name names on an open board, good or bad.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I have dealt with century 21 several times and I don't have anything negative to say about them, not for the branch who works on the North Coast at least.

Maybe its time you stop posting silly quotes on my posts, you don't know me at all.

I will keep quoting your silly ass posts as long as you keep posting jibberish. I have nothing negative to say about any other real estate agent. Where are you licensed?