Need some help please..

GandA

Feb 4, 2011
Sorry if this is totally the wrong spot to put this, i havent really used this site much.

But, My boyfriend and i met a year ago online, May 5, 2010. We didnt get to meet until June 14, 2011 :) Im currently in Dominican Republic, from the United states. Ive been here for about a month.

Ive got so many questions flowing through my head, im not even sure how to ask. Well we are planning to get married, i want him to come to my country with me (United States), Although my mom wants to see the wedding, just as well as his parents, can somebody give me any advice about this? Anybody experience this?

Also, we arent married yet, and everything so should we wait to get married, what other type of visa should we look upon?

I may be pregnant, will they let him come if im pregnant? Or will they just deny him anyways?

What are my chances?

Sorry for me blabering, but i just need some type of answer.

please and thank you.
-Gregorio and Angelique

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
Sorry if this is totally the wrong spot to put this, i havent really used this site much.

But, My boyfriend and i met a year ago online, May 5, 2010. We didnt get to meet until June 14, 2011 :) Im currently in Dominican Republic, from the United states. Ive been here for about a month.

Ive got so many questions flowing through my head, im not even sure how to ask. Well we are planning to get married, i want him to come to my country with me (United States), Although my mom wants to see the wedding, just as well as his parents, can somebody give me any advice about this? Anybody experience this?

Also, we arent married yet, and everything so should we wait to get married, what other type of visa should we look upon?

I may be pregnant, will they let him come if im pregnant? Or will they just deny him anyways?

What are my chances?

Sorry for me blabering, but i just need some type of answer.

please and thank you.
-Gregorio and Angelique

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm ! good luck with that !

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
thanks? not much help at all but thanks.
What can be said when so much water has already gone over the dam ? If nothing else, maybe you'll realize now that if one fails to plan they can plan to fail. I wish you luck but a bit of thinking ahead would have saved you both so much heart ache and trouble but I'm also sure there are very knowledgable posters on this site that will be able to help you with some of your question.
Saludos !

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Oh God, honey. You sound young. I hope that you did not get pregnant to try and bring him to the US. It will be very hard. What does he do for a living? Where does he live? How did you meet him? Does he speak English?

Seeing as you signed your post with both of your names I am assuming that he is on this site with you.
Sometimes Dominican men will start a relationship with someone in order to get to their country. You are really in a jam now as you are pregnant but I guess the short answer is NO....the United States could care less about your baby as many Dominican men will do anything to get to the States.

Please reconsider marriage, if you insist, try for a visitor VISA. I mean, think about it....you just actually SAW the man a month ago. Internet relationships don't count as one person or the other could create a "fictitious" life
How old are you?

SHALENA

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
Oh God, honey. You sound young. I hope that you did not get pregnant to try and bring him to the US. It will be very hard. What does he do for a living? Where does he live? How did you meet him? Does he speak English?

Seeing as you signed your post with both of your names I am assuming that he is on this site with you.
Sometimes Dominican men will start a relationship with someone in order to get to their country. You are really in a jam now as you are pregnant but I guess the short answer is NO....the United States could care less about your baby as many Dominican men will do anything to get to the States.

Please reconsider marriage, if you insist, try for a visitor VISA. I mean, think about it....you just actually SAW the man a month ago. Internet relationships don't count as one person or the other could create a "fictitious" life
How old are you?

SHALENA
Shalena , thank god you're here tonight ! Geesh

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
Sundays tend to be a little slow ... not many members posting at this time. But I am sure that you will be getting answers (and questions) within the next day or so. Hang in there!

Meanwhile, take a look at some of the other posts within both the "Men are from Mars ..." and "Legal" (particularly about marriage, visas, babies, ...) sections of the forums. That will prepare you for what is sure to come ....

Some MAY seem a tad "harsh" with the comments. Don't take anything said personally, we mean you well and we want to see you succeed in life.

Enjoy the ride!

GandA

Feb 4, 2011
we?ve been through this and thought about it, and getting pregnant for this reason didnt cross my mind. And i trust him and i know for a fact that he wouldnt do anything like that cos his dad is can get his papers, so why would he even try to get papers by being with me, and i know ive heard it all before, but i trust him and i mean hes legit, seems as though people want to try to tell me to just drop everything and leave it alone like its never happend, i know many people on this site have a dominican spouse so WHY would it be any different for me. My age isnt important im not a child if thats what your thinking, ive raised myself since i was 13 i think i can handle myself just as well as anybody else. He?s a college student. Like i said i met him on the internet, thats all that needs to be said. Im a little irritated with people telling me things i dont want to hear, not even asking any of my questions so why answer, i guess i put myself into this one. ugh. thanks though.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
No need to get in attack mode and what me is concerned, to me you don't have to explain anything. You asked a question but just hang in like Major says, not much posters on a Sunday evening...hmm, mostly I am not here either lol, but sure you will get an answer soon.
I cannot help, not living long enough in this country for that, sorry...

Acira

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
... Im a little irritated with people telling me things i dont want to hear, not even asking any of my questions so why answer, i guess i put myself into this one. ugh. thanks though.

Just so I don't irritate you ...

I could say ... YES, fly him to the states, and marry him. His family can fly in for the wedding as well. Then go demand that visa that you already know he's entitled to. Have the baby, and live happily ever after.

But, I don't think you want to hear that either, or else you wouldn't have posted a "question"? Just be patient, and the answers will come ....

:cool:

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
we?ve been through this and thought about it, and getting pregnant for this reason didnt cross my mind. And i trust him and i know for a fact that he wouldnt do anything like that cos his dad is can get his papers, so why would he even try to get papers by being with me, and i know ive heard it all before, but i trust him and i mean hes legit, seems as though people want to try to tell me to just drop everything and leave it alone like its never happend, i know many people on this site have a dominican spouse so WHY would it be any different for me. My age isnt important im not a child if thats what your thinking, ive raised myself since i was 13 i think i can handle myself just as well as anybody else. He?s a college student. Like i said i met him on the internet, thats all that needs to be said. Im a little irritated with people telling me things i dont want to hear, not even asking any of my questions so why answer, i guess i put myself into this one. ugh. thanks though.

Well, since you want to get irritated, here it is....
1) If you will research my name on this site you will soon realize that you HAD me at a good moment. I was thinking in your best interest when I asked you those questions. The way that you answered tells me that you already know that your "loverboy" is a sanky
2) If his father can get him his papers he would have already - they are lying to you
3) If you are pregnant, you have just made the stupidest mistake of your life although it can be fixed with a trip to the farmacia
4) NO the US is not going to give some college student with no skills and no income a VISA....even if they considered it you would have to show tax forms with your income to prove that you can support him
5) Who is supporting you right now in DR? Because I can guarantee you that the MINUTE you are if no use to them, they will kick your a$$ to the curb
6) This is NOT our first rodeo little girl, I've been riding bulls for quite a while now, and you can take that literally if you want.
7) I don't need to know your age anymore because of how you write, I can tell that you are 12. Mentally, if not literally.

SHALENA

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Well, that's ok. I call 'em how I see 'em. There are a lot of different types on this board. Read a little more and you'll see what category everyone falls under. I fall under the category "B*tch", if you haven't figured it out yet.......

SHALENA

And I am now going to sleep, as I have an income to earn in the morning. I'll be interested to see what answers you get tomorrow when everyone wakes up

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oZ5nKHULDk4?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oZ5nKHULDk4?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Im a little irritated with people telling me things i dont want to hear, .

Well, you want to talk to Chip then. He will tell you what you want to hear and then the thread can be closed. Night night!

SHALENA

minerva_feliz

May 4, 2009
... And i trust him and i know for a fact that he wouldnt do anything like that cos his dad is can get his papers, so why would he even try to get papers by being with me ... He?s a college student.

Sounds like a very dedicated, intellectual and patriotic type if he could just up and leave through his dad, instead staying in the DR to study (I assume at the UASD)...and...well, we don't know what else he is up to.

So what's the rush to get married and get him a visa? Shouldn't he finish his degree here first? His credits probably won't transfer to a school in the U.S., so surely he is pretty committed to finishing that accomplishment here.

Tell him that maybe you shouldn't file any paperwork or get married until he gets his degree and let us know what he says. :)

Is he employed? I can imagine that it would be very difficult for college students anywhere, but especially here in the DR, to support a baby.

But just curious, are you older than 18?

Reese

Oct 5, 2010
Ok weren't you suppose to be geting married in 2-3 weeks a little while back and asking questions on what documents you needed? It sounds like you are caught up in the moment and you have a lot going on in your head right now, you say you THINK your pregnant what is that? And sadly enough that will not matter to get a visa.

Ok but enough of that I guess I will try to answer some of your questions. Ok you say your mother and his parents want to see the wedding. Well the only way that is going to happen is if you have it here and have your mother come here cause there is no way you are going to be able to get both of his parents to the US unless they already have visas and if not it is going to be sometime before you can even get him to the US let alone them.

Since you are not married yet there two types of visas you can look into a vistors visa which is going to be almost a no go if he does not have strong enough ties to the DR that would make him have to return. Him being in college is not enough. Also you have to show that he has money in the bank or the person sponsoring him (you) has enough money in the bank to show you can provide for his stay and all that when he comes.

The other option is a K1 visa which is a fiance visa. Again hard you need to prove you have been in a relationship for at least 2 years and have been together in that time. Alone with some other stuff all info on the link that Anna posted.

And the main question you did not ask is it going to be free nope will cost you around $800 + US to get this done how long it will take not sure.

You may want to find out for sure if you are pregnant, and figure that out then worry about how you can get your BF to the states.

dcblue

Jul 21, 2008
Since you are not married yet there two types of visas you can look into a vistors visa which is going to be almost a no go if he does not have strong enough ties to the DR that would make him have to return. Him being in college is not enough. Also you have to show that he has money in the bank or the person sponsoring him (you) has enough money in the bank to show you can provide for his stay and all that when he comes.

The other option is a K1 visa which is a fiance visa. Again hard you need to prove you have been in a relationship for at least 2 years and have been together in that time. Alone with some other stuff all info on the link that Anna posted.

This information is not quite right. For a K1 Visa, you need to prove that you have met at least once in person within the last two years. People do get approved for relationships of less duration than two years. However, the longer the relationship and the more trips you make to the DR, the greater your chances of being approved. To the OP, do your homework and start reading the Dominicans to the USA website and visajourney.com and expect to spend a LOT more than $800.