Bavaro Softball Team

Caribbeandreamto

Advertiser
Mar 26, 2011
caribbeandreamto.net
Ok this is a loooong shot but I want to try and put together a softball team to play once or twice a week.

There is a field at the Melia Resort and a couple teams play there. I've already spoken with one of the coordinators.

If I can get enough interested people, I can coordinate the team. So, if you can swing a bat, catch a ball and at least run to first without collapsing - We want you! haha

CandaceL87

Mar 24, 2011
hahaha sounds like fun! I've never actually played before... I played a few sports in high school but never softball... I'll be moving to Punta Cana in a few weeks to teach... If my work schedule permits, I'm definitely interested!

Caribbeandreamto

Advertiser
Mar 26, 2011
caribbeandreamto.net
Ok, so, so far we have someone who has never played and a girl! We're gonna be the Bad News Bears!

Haha. I'm honestly joking. I'm game for anyone to play. I'm sure the Dominicans at Melia will be competitive but I think this idea is also to have a good time and meet new people :)

Whippet

Jan 26, 2011
yeh might be keen depending on what time
havnt played since I was 8 but soundslike fun

sharkstooth777

Jan 22, 2011
I played baseball from a young age thru high school, and softball on various teams while in the Army. I'm game. Will return to the DR at the end of this month. Can someone tell me where the Melia Resort is located? Thanks Don

Caribbeandreamto

Advertiser
Mar 26, 2011
caribbeandreamto.net
Ok well I'll start making the list here and we'll go coordinating. We need at least 9 and the following list is not necessarily the batting order :)

1. Caribbeandreamto
2. CandaceL87
3. Mainegirl
4. Whippet
5. sharkstooth777

sharkstooth777

Jan 22, 2011
Anyone want to meet to see if we can do some hitting and fielding. I do not know where Caribbeandreamto was planning to play, and I do not he is available for the near term. Still, I'm willing to give it a shot if anyone else once to try...that is after TS Emily makes her way North.

Whippet

Jan 26, 2011
yeh Im still keen
I dont have any equipment at the moment...will look into to that
yeh looks like any fields will be swimming pools for the next few days
pm your mobile so we can organise somethin in the next couple of days

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
yeah

I checked with the local girls here. No chicks play ball. I knew this. I will probably take up volleyball. But am up for a batting practice anytime. Nothing like the crack of the bat. I am here now but not set up with phone yet. PM me with any info :)

sharkstooth777

Jan 22, 2011
We may have to settle for people willing to learn :). I have some of the local employees who can play here at the Development where I live in, but I do not think any of them could be available until after 5 p.m. I think most have Sunday off, so that day could be open.

MaineGirl....it's been a few years since I played volleyball, and it isn't one of my favorite sports. However, I'll join up if you know of a team. Don

Caribbeandreamto

Advertiser
Mar 26, 2011
caribbeandreamto.net
Sorry I haven't chimed in for awhile but I've been travelling. I have to see if we will be allowed access to the softball field at Melia or any field for that matter. If anyone has contacts, please let me know.

I know we will have access to the Melia field when we are playing the Melia team but I'm not sure if they'll permit us on our own to practice.

I'm glad this might come together! :)

Whippet

Jan 26, 2011
good to hear from you!
is the Melia field located within the resort?
have located a field next to me in Cocotal it is outside the fence and I'm not sure exactly how to
get down to it. Looks like anyone can use it, see big mix of people down there
will look into it some more