Puerto Plata On Sale Again

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Cheap Caribbean has all-inclusive Lifestlyes Tropical resort on sale again until Dec for $19 pp per night - can't beat the price. Airfare not included. Must have US or Canadian passport and be a resident in either country.

Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic Hotels: $19 -- Caribbean All-Inclusive Beach Resort at 90% Off | Travelzoo

Of course, they'll hound you to listen to their 'vacation club' sales pitch. Someone told me the guy who delivers you to listen gets $20/US, if I go back I'll just give them the $20 :p

We did go and listen, got a t-shirt, bottle of rum and bottle of mamajuana for our trouble :classic:

AE

spmc

Nov 7, 2008
Cheap Caribbean has all-inclusive Lifestlyes Tropical resort on sale again until Dec for $19 pp per night - can't beat the price. Airfare not included. Must have US or Canadian passport and be a resident in either country.

Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic Hotels: $19 -- Caribbean All-Inclusive Beach Resort at 90% Off | Travelzoo

Of course, they'll hound you to listen to their 'vacation club' sales pitch. Someone told me the guy who delivers you to listen gets $20/US, if I go back I'll just give them the $20 :p

We did go and listen, got a t-shirt, bottle of rum and bottle of mamajuana for our trouble :classic:

AE

I was told by CC that the rate for a non-US/Canadian passport holder would be $80/day....still a cheap vacation $19/me and $80/guest...almost too good to pass up.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
It's definitely a great deal.

When we checked in - with two US passports - they immediately started whispering between themselves and called a supervisor, because my husband was born in DR. He had to show his US driver's license and a US credit card to prove he actually lived in NJ.

One afternoon we met an American couple who goes there every time they have the special. It can't be beat.

AE

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
I would like to hear back from somebody who has taken up this offer and if it is as it says it is. Does it really include the VIP status, i.e. do you get to enjoy the all of the VIP restauarants....is it really just U$20 per night per person or are there any extra hidden charges?

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Tee, you get a blue wristband that allows you into most of the VIP areas and beaches. There are 2 VIP beaches and one restaurant you cannot enter as they are reserved for the gold wristbands. For 20 bucks a night, you can't get anything close to it, so go for it you won't regret it.
disclaimer....hammerdown has no affiliation with this resort

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
I met a lady on a flight to Miami that paid $10 a day at Lifestyle Resorts. She indicated that everything was good. She and her two daughters were in first class on the flight. What a deal.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
I stayed there a couple of months ago for a couple of nights. Had a great time but paid a lot more that $20 per night per person all inclusive, (not VIP). That is why I wanted to hear from somebody that has actually taken advantage of this current promotion as we all know that if it sounds too good to be true then it usually isn't! With or without the VIP package it is still an excellent deal. We were entitled to use a couple of the gourmet restaurants but these is a slight hitch there that you should know about. First of all, you have to book 24 hours in advance and so your first night will actually be in the buffet. So when you check in, the first thing that you need to do is go and book the gourmet restaurant for the following night. As check in is not until 3.00pm this makes it a little difficult as the hours for booking the restuarant are between 1 and 3pm! We managed to get into the Mexican even though we wanted to do the Chinese, but after eating at the Mexican we were so glad we didn't have Chinese. We had the Filet Mignon and it was like butter.....perfectly cooked. Everything was fantastic. So if you do go to Lifestyles and it is only for a quick weekend break be prepared for the gourmet restaurant booking system. The next time I go there I am going to go to the hotel the day before my check in, try and find out what room I will be allocated for the following day, then see if I can book the gourmet restaurant for the night of my arrival. If the concierge asks me why I don't have my band on I will just say that we are in the process of checking in! They have a system but it is always good to try and beat it!
It might work if the concierge is nice enough to give me the benefit of the doubt, if that does not work greasing his or her palm could well work!

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Hammerdown, couldn't agree with you more, for $20 bucks a night you cannot get anything close....there are some Cabanas that cost more than that!!! lol

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
tee, as I said before, we were there in February, and we paid $20pp [$40 per night]. It was exactly as they promised. We had paid Cheap Caribbean months before in the US, and didn't owe one cent more. The big bash party they held one night was great, it probably was worth what we paid for the entire stay - steaks, lobster, etc.

AE

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Yes, the Sunday night VIP party is amazing. I have been to it and have never seen a buffet like it, and believe me, after working on cruise ships for 5 years I have seen my fair share of buffets, (sorry, have to add this....you won't believe how many people asked me what time the midnight buffet was over the course of my 5 years onboard!!!). Loved the lobster and was very suprised that they even served duck!
So one question, is this deal only available through Cheap Caribbean?

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
I stayed there a couple of months ago for a couple of nights. Had a great time but paid a lot more that $20 per night per person all inclusive, (not VIP). That is why I wanted to hear from somebody that has actually taken advantage of this current promotion as we all know that if it sounds too good to be true then it usually isn't! With or without the VIP package it is still an excellent deal. We were entitled to use a couple of the gourmet restaurants but these is a slight hitch there that you should know about. First of all, you have to book 24 hours in advance and so your first night will actually be in the buffet. So when you check in, the first thing that you need to do is go and book the gourmet restaurant for the following night. As check in is not until 3.00pm this makes it a little difficult as the hours for booking the restuarant are between 1 and 3pm! We managed to get into the Mexican even though we wanted to do the Chinese, but after eating at the Mexican we were so glad we didn't have Chinese. We had the Filet Mignon and it was like butter.....perfectly cooked. Everything was fantastic. So if you do go to Lifestyles and it is only for a quick weekend break be prepared for the gourmet restaurant booking system. The next time I go there I am going to go to the hotel the day before my check in, try and find out what room I will be allocated for the following day, then see if I can book the gourmet restaurant for the night of my arrival. If the concierge asks me why I don't have my band on I will just say that we are in the process of checking in! They have a system but it is always good to try and beat it!
It might work if the concierge is nice enough to give me the benefit of the doubt, if that does not work greasing his or her palm could well work!
You get to have a deal at $20/usd/night and you're still looking how to screw the system ? whats wrong with this picture folks ? OMG!

meregirl

Aug 22, 2008
So to be clear I can go for $20 a night but my Dominican husband who is a permanent resident of the US would have to pay $80 a night?

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
So a european could not book at this price?
Does that $20.00/day/pp include the meals? I doubt it very much. I was there over New Years and it was $60.00/day (1 BR/ Apt) + $50.00/pp per day for the AI. The New Years Eve buffet was an extra $50.00/pp. Overall the greatest time we ever had. Hell $20.00 a day is what a couple should be tipping. (This post was not aimed at you Anas..) Just that I don't believe the price....

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Does that $20.00/day/pp include the meals? I doubt it very much. I was there over New Years and it was $60.00/day (1 BR/ Apt) + $50.00/pp per day for the AI. The New Years Eve buffet was an extra $50.00/pp. Overall the greatest time we ever had. Hell $20.00 a day is what a couple should be tipping. (This post was not aimed at you Anas..) Just that I don't believe the price....

No thats cool, but I have heard reports that when they did this last time (when was it, about 9 months ago, maybe a year?) that it did do what is said and was at the price stated A/I. Maybe someone can remind me when this was exactly and the price they did it at. I'd love to give this as a gift to some special friends before I leave. If infact it is legit!

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
No thats cool, but I have heard reports that when they did this last time (when was it, about 9 months ago, maybe a year?) that it did do what is said and was at the price stated A/I. Maybe someone can remind me when this was exactly and the price they did it at. I'd love to give this as a gift to some special friends before I leave. If infact it is legit!
I would like to know also. We had bus services to all the restaurants, Top Shelf booze: JW Black, Blue, Chivas, Absolut was their cheapest Vodka, not sure about Patron but they has "Class Tequila" . If people are getting this for 20 bucks a day, I'm going to spend 2 months instead of going up north for my vacation. ;)

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
If it is $20 a day I'm cancelling my flight and staying for as long as I can, lol. Fkuc it, life is good in an A/I.