Miss Dominican Republic

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Who was your favorite candidate to win Miss Dominican Republic?

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aQhCJq6E8ho" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
where the asses at? too thin for me.

jeans skirts are so 1983 Cougar Mellancamp.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I think all of them are pretty, but look too alike, not that many differences between them :(

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
This reminds me that life is like a box of chocolates..or in this case White Chocolates...except for one or two candidates! Definitely not representative of the Dominican demographic...but all worthy in my opinion!

Who was the contestant that questioned the crowing of Miss Santiago?

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
I'm Moving to the DR this just helped me make up my mind ..................To speed up my plans..LOL

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I'm sitting here at BQ hotel in Santo Domingo!!! I swear I do not see any Dominicans in Santo Domingo that look remotely like the girls color of the girls in this video!!!! OMG!!!!

You need to get out more...

Walk out your hotel and turn left. keep walking for 5 mins and you will come across hundreds of them at PUCMM at the back of Plaza Universitaria.

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Some are very pretty and if I were a lesbian would definatley do them :) but some of them look like men... yikes !!!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I do not expect the winner of Miss DR from this group will reach the top 10 in a world wide competition.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
I'm sitting here at BQ hotel in Santo Domingo!!! I swear I do not see any Dominicans in Santo Domingo that look remotely like the girls color of the girls in this video!!!! OMG!!!!

You have to see them inside their cars, because Dominican girls dont walk in Sarasota Ave.
Most of the girls in that contest are poors. A wealthy Dominican girl would never participate in this contest. So those girls represent the majority of Dominican women.

kdolo

Mar 9, 2009
Miss DR

Typical Latin American- DR racism or should i say colorism.

This stuff is so annoying ..... and predictable.

Kozy

Jun 1, 2002
European looking ? They all are latinas, not white girls. Dominican latinas. Ask any Dominican guy to watch the video and then ask him if he is offended by the lack of dark skinned morenas participating. The participants reflect the Dominican culture. Good hair and light skinned with "fine" features is the overwhelming preference nation wide of Dominican men. When any Dominican man tells you about a particular town or region where the women are really beautiful, he is referring to this type of look- virtually 100% of the time. Its a preference. Whether a preference is a racist or colorist attitude is a very interesting topic of conversation. My point is-- its their culture and their country and they can prefer whatever they want. I'm just a humble gringo who after all these years still has the same DR mantra--- know the culture, respect the culture.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
hey guys, this is a beauty contest. you wont see whores looking butt here.
I saw Miss USA, and guess what? I didnt see any fat black girl. those tipical gringas that work at K-mart.
All these girls looks 100% dominicans. the first runner was a black girl from Santo Domingo Norte. she was the favorite of the crowd. and didnt win because she didnt answer correctly the last question.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Well I'm glad to see they are all apparently getting enough of the bandera. I think we all know la rubia from SD will take home first prize. :)