True Test

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
It is very difficult to objectify any emotion based motivation and certainly no method is fool proof but if one follows Professor HB Rules And the following your chances of an accurate evaluation of your relationship is greatly increased. Without warning and with the preface of "I would do anything for you" type language while being in close access to the internet ask your partner to review his/her cellphone calls/messages and the website/email where you have been communicating. Any other ideas?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
If you need to know those things to determine the strength of a relationship, you have no relationship.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Or, if it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck and looks like a duck then its "probably" a duck.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
"I lost my cell phone, I only have the one you gave me honey!!" Looks and quacks...that's funny!!
These relationships are usually train wrecks, like then the light at the end of the tunnel goes out??? But you can't tell 'em that.

HB

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
It is very difficult to objectify any emotion based motivation and certainly no method is fool proof but if one follows Professor HB Rules And the following your chances of an accurate evaluation of your relationship is greatly increased. Without warning and with the preface of "I would do anything for you" type language while being in close access to the internet ask your partner to review his/her cellphone calls/messages and the website/email where you have been communicating. Any other ideas?

I dont know about the "lemme see your cell phone" thing. If you are going to use the rules not a strict guideline but as a dating outline then I would say add the Golden Rule to that also. You peruse the 3 points and then consider The Golden Rule. You can save face if you can remember who is in charge of your relationship. And since it is an exploitative relationship anyway, you would be very well satisfied to adhere to the Golden Rule.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
The best way to test a relationship is wait until the sh!t reslly hits the fan and then see who is around afterwards.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I think this method is fairly overt and while maybe useful in the case that the partner is cheating if they are not it can over time undermine a relationship too.

There are other ways that are much more subtle at getting info like phone records and such (think pi and friend of a friend at codetel) but there too is the fact that Dominicans are very social and will have generally have many friends of both sexes not to mention numerous cousins so whose to know what's going on.

I think the most preferable action is to wait it out and if you have the idea that they are cheating have a pi to follow them and take photos.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Another idea is that if you met the person via a social site get an email address under a different name then post another persons photos and history. Express interest, develop correspondence, and ask if they are with anyone else.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Another idea is that if you met the person via a social site get an email address under a different name then post another persons photos and history. Express interest, develop correspondence, and ask if they are with anyone else.

too much work.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I think all this hiring a PI, pretending to be someone else and begin an online relationship, etc etc etc is a bit daft. If you must be with someone you don't trust it will rarely work out happily, jealousy and nosing into each others personal space is unhealthy. Even when in a relationship we all have the right to personal space.
My advice if your mind is in this dark place, just accept it, pretend it doesn't exist and drop hints of the importance of using protection. To live with a Dominican woman of sorts you have to think like they do, if you can't see it, it doesn't exist, carry on. If you can't accept this then find another woman, they aren't all like that, but if you have suspicion then it could well be, and well,,, it is not unheard of for partners not to be exclusive here is it.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
I think all this hiring a PI, pretending to be someone else and begin an online relationship, etc etc etc is a bit daft. If you must be with someone you don't trust it will rarely work out happily, jealousy and nosing into each others personal space is unhealthy. Even when in a relationship we all have the right to personal space.
My advice if your mind is in this dark place, just accept it, pretend it doesn't exist and drop hints of the importance of using protection. To live with a Dominican woman of sorts you have to think like they do, if you can't see it, it doesn't exist, carry on. If you can't accept this then find another woman, they aren't all like that, but if you have suspicion then it could well be, and well,,, it is not unheard of for partners not to be exclusive here is it.

100% with you on this. Snooping into an SO's IT useage is the first step down Psycho Road. Love, trust & understand but protect yourself at all times.