Project Isobel: Center for street children and abandoned/mistreated animals

BobbieP

Jul 17, 2011
Project Isobel is a charity registered under the laws of the Dominican Republic, No. 213098, aiming to provide a better life for street children and abandoned animals; promoting a holistic and experiential education for the children and encouraging them in the humane and respectful treatment of animals.

For further information, to volunteer your time and/or donate please go to: www.projectisobel.com If you have any questions you may contact Bobbie at bobbiep629@gmail.com.

<table class="ntype02bdr" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr> <td colspan="3" class="ntype02fhead">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
Project Isobel is a wonderful place!!! I am so excited about the whole concept and can't say enough good about the woman who has labored so hard to bring this to fruition!! Very worthy of support.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Are there any churches or other organization in VA/DC area that support charitable activities in the Dominican Republic? I would participate in car washes, bake or any other charity sales. We have done a lot of such work for the orphanages in the former USSR with my church. Please let me know if I can help with anything besides just sending money.

Isobel

Jul 21, 2011
Why not come and visit us any day, late afternoon, so we can show you what we are doing? We are ready finally to take in homeless children as soon as we have the funding.... We have funding for one child from 1st August and trust that more will come to this beautiful place. We started with the animals, which are easier to accommodate, but all along we have been working towards this. Find us also on causes.com

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
A Project worthy of support

I have been in this from the beginning and have seen Pauline go through blood, sweat and tears for years to reach the stage she is at now. Definitely worth a visit and considering supporting Project Isobel.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Why not come and visit us any day, late afternoon, so we can show you what we are doing? We are ready finally to take in homeless children as soon as we have the funding.... We have funding for one child from 1st August and trust that more will come to this beautiful place. We started with the animals, which are easier to accommodate, but all along we have been working towards this. Find us also on causes.com

Where are you located? Directions?

Isobel

Jul 21, 2011
3.8 km up the el Choco road. Turn left into small dirt track at the sign Paraiso del Caballo. We are 100 m up on the right, overlooking Paraiso del Caballo. Black automatic gate. Lots of flowers, if the gardener hasn't been too heavy-handed with the machete!

BobbieP

Jul 17, 2011
Project Isobel newsletter and donkey rescue

There is newsletter just posted at www.projectisobel.com find out what has been happening. Pauline also just took in a donkey that was in an accident and horribly neglected and in a few days is already improving! See the latest and all contact information at the website www.projectisobel.com.

kdolo

Mar 9, 2009
children and animals

Any more posts like this and you'll be HISTORY on DR1

Alterego

Last edited by a moderator:

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
There is newsletter just posted at www.projectisobel.com find out what has been happening. Pauline also just took in a donkey that was in an accident and horribly neglected and in a few days is already improving! See the latest and all contact information at the website www.projectisobel.com.

I'm waiting for Corey to post an update concerning the donkey on the other thread. I do hope that he gets to Project Isobel as soon as he is able. Enough room in the pasture and Pepe and being a herd/social animal he needs companions. Close enough that Corey can be a part in his life. I'm still commited to help with some of his food costs.

BobbieP

Jul 17, 2011
Sponsor a child

Project Isobel is ready for children! At least 6 children in need have been identified by the authorities. If you would like to sponsor a child it is only $150/month. This includes a place to stay, all meals, activities, education, clothing, etc. For further information: www.projectisobel.com .