I read a book about moving to the RD and curious as to what happened to the author

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
A few years ago I read a book titled " Moving to the Dominican Republic by a Ross Weber, apparently he met his Dominican wife to be while attending college in the USA. Does anyone have any knowledge as to his success or lack of after relocating to RD ?

Gordon

Jan 24, 2011
i would like to know if there is any money to be made writing about the DR. Did you pay a lot for the book and now you might want to purchase the sequel? There should be a story or three that could be jotted down.

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
i would like to know if there is any money to be made writing about the DR. Did you pay a lot for the book and now you might want to purchase the sequel? There should be a story or three that could be jotted down.
Gordon, sorry, can't remember what I paid. The few things I do remember weren't very note worthy though. He got sick from the water, he liked the fruit and veggies eventually and his wife had a close knit family.........I don't remember him talking about the countries beauty or trips he had taken etc. In short I found it boring . I guess I was wondering if he stayed in RD or not .

Gordon

Jan 24, 2011
thought so
memoires are only fun to us and fam
i did buy a book about a guy that bought a horse on the tip of south american and rode it to california but I have yet to read it
thought he deserved the profit from at least one sale just cause he did all that

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Ginnie's book about Mad Dogs and an English Couple is a very good starter for people thinking about living here. Get in touch with a co-author of her other books: Chirimoya about that first book. they are enlightening.

HB

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
HB, do you have title ? sounds fun, I would like very much to read these stories, they provide much real insight into what it's really like to live somewhere else. Post opinions are good but usually tainted.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If you get in touch with Chirimoya via PM she can give you the titles. Ginnie Beddgood is on Amazon, so that should be easy.
And you might like Margarita Cat, by Bruce Van Sant also. It has a lot of stuff about the DR in it...the guy is well versed in things DR.
HB