Club Hacienda Campo Verde - San Jos? de las Matas

CarinaR

Feb 2, 2009
Buenos d?as amigos!

Any comments about this place in San Jose de las Matas, how it works???
If you rent a cabana you can use all the facilities (pool, bbq area, etc).
Any feedback will be extremely apreciate .

Thanks!

c123

Oct 28, 2010
CarinaR:

I have been here a few times. I have never spent the night, so I cannot speak to the Cabanas however it is a great day trip from Santiago! Here is the deal, as you walk in you will be greeted by a large courtyard, restaurant to the left, pool tables to the right - a gazebo to your left. It is all outdoors - expect the restaurant is partially covered. There is two pools - a kiddy pool in the courtyard area and a larger pool (max about 4.5ft deep) in the back. They play tipco music, have private access to the river and there is a volleyball/basketball court. The food is not great - typically fried Dominican fare (there is a great restaurant as you enter SAJOMA from Santiago). They have a well stocked bar. Staff is fairly responsive. On the occasions I have visited - there have been several other Dominican families. It is kid friendly. You can set-up dominos tables and enjoy the outdoors. As to pricing - I will add that we only used the facilites for the day and did not stay overnight. I do not think thee is a fixed price for day users - it varies on demand I think - my first visit I paid 100/pesos/person (semana santa weekend) , then the last two trips I paid 50/pesos/person and kids were free. So I think you can negotiate. Here is a link with a number and pictures - Hacienda Campo Verde. If you go - please share details on your trip was and send contact info and prices for cottages. :)

CarinaR

Feb 2, 2009
Many thanks c123

Probably will go to Sajoma this weekend (If the storm let me lol) will let you know all the details, one more question, do you know the restaurant name, the one when you enter sajoma?

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
I would not bother with that restaurant, the time I went there it had no prices on the menus and so I left.