Thread: Entering DR with a criminal record

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    OOOOps... Ok

Back down the wabbit hole..... Alice is waiting for me

Sorry, AE..........
    it was completely on topic.
    it showed one of many examples where scumbags entered the DR without a hinch at Immigrations upon arrival.
    an yes, if they open a biz with the stolen bucks, then the Camarera at least has to be a stunner to entertain the ole Expat Crowd accordingly.
    if they still can enter that easy in the near future, an otha theme, we will find out some day for sure, lol.
    yes, the Wocky-Chef was still not on any watch list when he arrived, hence they caught him later. but they got him, that counts.

Mike

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Day That Never Comes

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFisher View Post
    it showed one of many examples where scumbags entered the DR without a hinch at Immigrations upon arrival.
    an yes, if they open a biz with the stolen bucks, then the Camarera at least has to be a stunner to entertain the ole Expat Crowd accordingly.
    if they still can enter that easy in the near future, an otha theme, we will find out some day for sure, lol.
    yes, the Wocky-Chef was still not on any watch list when he arrived, hence they caught him later. but they got him, that counts.
    Whatever.
    Crooks and criminals enter the country while we talk; on a daily basis.

The day when the law means more than money in the Dominican Republic has yet to be created.

donP

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donP View Post
    Whatever.
    Crooks and criminals enter the country while we talk; on a daily basis.

The day when the law means more than money in the Dominican Republic has yet to be created.

donP
    that's correct, but as we know it is also correct for every other country, the crocks move around and the south american Narco chiefs are all able to own and enjoy property around the globe, 'cause they pay at the right places for it.
    who has the money, pays his/her way into everywhere, specially into the cheesy bordered countries like up north.
    or how do the incredible amounts of Drugloads, demanded up there, enter the country to be consumed there by the society? that only happens because a good number of corrupts there take the money to keep their eyes closed.

Mike

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFisher View Post
    that's correct, but as we know it is also correct for every other country, the crocks move around and the south american Narco chiefs are all able to own and enjoy property around the globe, 'cause they pay at the right places for it.
    who has the money, pays his/her way into everywhere, specially into the cheesy bordered countries like up north.
    or how do the incredible amounts of Drugloads, demanded up there, enter the country to be consumed there by the society? that only happens because a good number of corrupts there take the money to keep their eyes closed.

Mike
    Steal $10 and you're a petty crook. Steal $10 million and your an entrepreneurial pioneer.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I PREFER,....
    "Owe the bank $10,000, THEY have YOU by the balls".
    "OWE the bank 10 million dollars, and you have THEM by the balls"!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

6. Likes MikeFisher liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    I PREFER,....
    "Owe the bank $10,000, THEY have YOU by the balls".
    "OWE the bank 10 million dollars, and you have THEM by the balls"!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    yeah, that's a fact of live, and works the same internationally everywhere

Mike

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Gringo View Post
    Lots of info posted by NY-DR. It took him two months to post that from the time I posted the msg he quotes from. Not very considerate to expect me to be able to put something together that is more substantive than, "Naaah, it ain't so" in less than 24 hrs.

To be fair, NY-DR certainly sounds knowledgeable especially when it comes to the workings of the US immigration system. He offers no statement as to where his info comes from or in what general capacity he is "in contact with DR immigration almost daily". In the absence of that we all must attach whatever weight to his position we feel it deserves.

I'm inclined to believe what he says, as he presented it in a very eloquent manner that seems to make sense. Before I would be in a position to refute what was presented, I need to make sure I can cite specific examples and offer some sort of substantive proof to back up any counter points I may choose to make. You guys should expect nothing less.

I am trying to figure out a way to verify what info DR immigration has access to at the time a traveler presents themselves for entry. It may take a little of time to determine the best way to go about this and in the end, being a civilian, I may not be able to get any information one way or the other. But I will try and will report what I learn.

I am not interested in arguing ad infinitum and am always prepared to admit when I am in error. If that turns out to be the case, then NY-DR's assertions can stand as the current defacto concensus of the way it works if that's what the majority choose to think.
    _Gringo, Let it go.

This is a weak indictment and feeble attempt at discrediting my post. More than 90 percent of the information I posted is verifiable on the internet. And your DR1 post count alone confirms you spend quite a bit of time there. Perhaps you should have read my reply more carefully. I made reference to my original post in this thread and the links and references it contains. To help you out, see post#58 in this thread or to make it even easier here are some of those links . . .

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/...fact_guide.pdf
    Guidelines for UN/EDIFACT, PAXLST, CURSES protocols and messaging, APIS pre-departure and secure flight guidelines, International Arrival Data Passenger Manifest reporting requirements, Actual examples of electronic passenger manifests

U.S. Customs and Border Protection - Travel
    APIS - Advance Passenger Information System information provided by CBP

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/homesec/RL33645.pdf
    Watchlist Checks and Airline Passenger Prescreening process, CBP and TSA prscreening procedures, TSA Secure Flight Program, complete PNR/APIS information requirements

I've been posting about this subject here on DR1 since 2011, and I know it well, but I have neither the time nor the inclination to defend my post to you. It speaks for itself.

And NOW you find it necessary "to cite specific examples and offer some sort of substantive proof". Perhaps you should have done that in your ORIGINAL post and then we might have known where your "info comes from". But based on your reply I'm sure you are scouring the internet right now to "be in a position to refute what was presented." Good luck.

I am curious about one thing though. In this reply you post this . . .

I am trying to figure out a way to verify what info DR immigration has access to at the time a traveler presents themselves for entry. It may take a little of time to determine the best way to go about this and in the end, being a civilian, I may not be able to get any information one way or the other. But I will try and will report what I learn.
    But in your ORIGINAL reply to me you posted this . .

Each swipe of a passport in the DR will in real time report that arrival or departure of an individual to the US and the issuing country.
    Yes much of the data accessed here in the DR will be retained and stored in a local database for later use by the DR Govt.
    In addition to the the aforementioned passport identity data, US based immigration computer systems (of which the DR has a brand spanking new one) also display supplementary info that the US wishes to share with its immigration partners.
    Where do you think the information that is displayed when a foreign passport is swiped comes from? Of course it comes from Canada, the US, Germany - it comes directly from the country that issued the document - duh!
    Up til now, wanted criminals could get in to the DR quite easily and hide out. This new entry/exit system is about to put that practice to an abrupt end in this countr
    Previously there was little point in swiping the passports as the computer systems were not connected to an Int'l database that returned any useful information such as conviction records, entry denials/deportations from participating countries, Interpol detention warrants and of course previous travel history, now updated with each swipe.
    So if NOW you are "trying to figure out a way to verify what info DR immigration has access to", I have just one question.

Where did your ORIGINAL information come from?

Perhaps you should have verified that information before your original reply to me. But I digress.

Good luck with your internet searches and verification of what "DR immigration has access to". I have been and am currently crystal clear on that subject.

Just one suggestion. Before you post something as arrogant and condescending as this . . .

I just noticed, you don't have enough posts for off-topic. Sorry but there is no place on this forum where I can school you in detail on how much you really don't know but think you do. There are some pretty smart people here on DR1 from all walks of life. You'd do well to stop pounding the dislike button every time your nemesis types something that causes your supratrochlear vein to throb and actually listen. You might be surprised how worldly you can become by tomorrow.
    Perhaps YOU should do YOUR own due diligence. Or perhaps you should just say thank you and be on your way. Otherwise I suggest you just STFU.

Either way, I'm finished with this.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

that was crystal clear,
    unmisunderstandable,
    and sounds absolutely correct to me.

Mike

99.9% Regular User
    Post Thanks / Like

NY-DR,

I bow to your apparent superior knowledge on the subject and promise not to burden you with any more posts directed in your direction. If you don't speak directly to me, I have no reason to direct any comments to you. I generally prefer to verify important information presented on the internet for myself. Since you seem intent on taking me to task, I am suitably motivated to pursue some independent verification if you don't really mind too much.

I promise not to burden you further until I have something concrete on this subject and hey, that might be never if am not able to ingratiate myself with the immigration folks here. I can only try.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

NY-DR,

I bow to your apparent superior knowledge on the subject and promise not to burden you with any more posts directed in your direction. If you don't speak directly to me, I have no reason to direct any comments to you. I generally prefer to verify important information presented on the internet for myself. Since you seem intent on taking me to task, I am suitably motivated to pursue some independent verification if you don't really mind too much.

I promise not to burden you further until I have something concrete on this subject and hey, that might be never if am not able to ingratiate myself with the immigration folks here. I can only try.
    in my opinion you are here completely incorrect.
    you provided a bunch of info, but you did not provide a single link nor mentioning of any of your sources.
    NY-DR Commuter simply corrected your given false info and even provided the links/mentioned his sources as of where he get's his info from, which very obviously been the opposite of the info given by You.
    on 2 contrary statements of information, one can not be the trueth/facts/reality.
    he provides his sources, while you don't.
    as long as you don't link to your sources, your given info shows just as hot air and a bunch of assumptions without any value, the opposite of value, it looks extremely misleading and will azzkick your so highly taken selfnamed "reputation".
    stop your Catfight behavior and name your sources.
    in case you have been wrong on all points, just admit it, tel a Moderator to delete your misleading posts and all will be fine.

Mike

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast