Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Entering DR with a criminal record

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFisher View Post
    in case you have been wrong on all points, just admit it, tel a Moderator to delete your misleading posts and all will be fine.

Mike
    Sorry Mike, Moderators do NOT delete posts upon request.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

They shall remain as scarlet letters of shame, bereft of honor.

3. Likes MikeFisher, CristoRey liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Sorry Mike, Moderators do NOT delete posts upon request.
    yes, AE,
    hence i recommended to the poster to "tel a Mod/request it", lol.
    never mind, Marcion has a point.
    bad girlie Scarlet O'Hara.

Mike

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclusive: Suspect Accused Of Threatening DA | NBC 7 San Diego

When you have a weak immigration system this type of character can hide amongst your midst..the suspect in the presumed Brent murder.

The implementation of proper tough immigration controls in the DR is needed soonest and sod anybody who ignores the rules.

Post Thanks / Like

alright so i have been skimming the thread, very helpful.

I had a client who had an issue getting his passport due to child support issues back in the day. He said he could not get a passport until a certain amount was paid which it was. He had the passport and got to DR today and was put on a plane back to the US. He told me they did not tell him the exact reason or denial and that they did not have to and sent him and his wife back. Does anyone have any insight into why they may have denied him? I have very little experience with this, any info would be a great help, thanks all.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xscott View Post
    alright so i have been skimming the thread, very helpful.

I had a client who had an issue getting his passport due to child support issues back in the day. He said he could not get a passport until a certain amount was paid which it was. He had the passport and got to DR today and was put on a plane back to the US. He told me they did not tell him the exact reason or denial and that they did not have to and sent him and his wife back. Does anyone have any insight into why they may have denied him? I have very little experience with this, any info would be a great help, thanks all.
    ifthe officer, who denied the entry, did not give any explanation to your client,
    how could we/somebody else know the reason?
    Entry can be denied without giving any reason at any time to anybody.
    maybe your client has a "Flag" due something which only he could explain to you.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFisher View Post
    ifthe officer, who denied the entry, did not give any explanation to your client,
    how could we/somebody else know the reason?
    Entry can be denied without giving any reason at any time to anybody.
    maybe your client has a "Flag" due something which only he could explain to you.

Mike
    Thanks Mike, yes, i was hoping someone had some insight if child support issues, though supposedly taken care, may flag him and if they would be likely to deny entry. I have no way of knowing right now if they are fully resolved but he said they were and that is why he was issued the passport. Is it uniform across the board as far as denial or does it depend on the border employee in this sort of scenario? I know DUI's are a big red flag in canada thought maybe in DR Child support issues were a
    big red flag or something of that sort, thanks in advance for any responses.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't think a Immigrations Officer would have access to any details about the reasons for a flag on the Name of a person,
    i would guess it is just marked as "no Entry" and due that the officer on duty will deny the entry.
    i can not imagine that all details about anybody's records can be seen by every employee at a Immigrations Desk.
    basically, inthe DR, for missing child support, if officially wanted for such, the "offender" would not be allowed to leave the country and with the right lawyer the Lady could put her "supporter" in preventional jail til he clreaed the misisng payments.
    but that theme is a very special thing in this country, lol.

Mike

10. Likes Derfish liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

an other thought:
    if your clients just recently cleared records of his, for what ever offense,
    that may still show as "open/active" in the listings down here,
    i don't knw how up to date/how frequently such records are updated here.
    if it goes "dominican time", then it may take a long time before a prior Flag may get removed from a Name.

Mike

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Same thing happened to a friend of mine. He was on the exclusion list for some years, then removed. He had documents to prove this and still was sent back.

He hired a good Dominican attorney and got it straightened out. He comes here all the time now with no problems.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast