Sosua traffic lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Well, the traffic seems to be moving much more smoothly without the Playero traffic lights...long may it continue
:cool:

I see that Papa Benito has already rewarded you with a thumbs up. He and others agree with you.

But is another thread needed when there are already 2 or three going on the same subject?

My hope is the light will soon be fixed. Walking across the street is much easier and safer, same for cars turning into or exiting from Playero lot, and for drivers coming from Pedro Clisante trying to turn left onto the highway.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
I see that Papa Benito has already rewarded you with a thumbs up. He and others agree with you.

But is another thread needed when there are already 2 or three going on the same subject?

My hope is the light will soon be fixed. Walking across the street is much easier and safer, same for cars turning into or exiting from Playero lot, and for drivers coming from Pedro Clisante trying to turn left onto the highway.

No, i wouldnt have thought 3 threads on the subject was necessary...but then i cant see the other two. Certainly not on the north coast forum. Maybe im going blind.

I found it no problem to exit from Playero lot, was just very careful as always, lights or no. Just didnt have to wait an age for them to change.
As for peds, its never safe crossing there even when the lights are working.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
No, i wouldnt have thought 3 threads on the subject was necessary...but then i cant see the other two. Certainly not on the north coast forum. Maybe im going blind.

Get in the habit of making use of the archives and the search window. If you are looking for something on traffic lights, do a search for that and/or Sosua light, something that covers the subject you are checking to see if there is a thread or two already started.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I love the broken lights...I actually feel much safer when crossing the street.

I cross that street as much as anyone and I don't see how you can be safer without the light. It is rare for a car to jump the light, at least that has been my observation. Many motorcycles do, but not all, so there are less of them zipping through when the light is working. I have also noticed that when they run the light they are more inclined to give walkers the right of way than when there is no light.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
Well, you may have a point Ken and lights are needed though it is a blessed relief to not have that endless queue of traffic there.
Maybe they just need to change the phasing a little bit so it is more biased towards the Calle Principal than the turn-offs

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Well, you may have a point Ken and lights are needed though it is a blessed relief to not have that endless queue of traffic there.
Maybe they just need to change the phasing a little bit so it is more biased towards the Calle Principal than the turn-offs

I agree that a change in timing is justified.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Ideal would be to have an Amet guy on the corner from 9:AM to 5:pM and change the light manually as needed. Problem solved.

Whoa you want AMET to "work" from 9AM to 5PM??? This i would love to see. Maybe they could even enforce the traffic laws (one way streets, stop signs, lights) for more then 2 hours a day as well...

BobK

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
That light is timed so ridiculous that its dangerous, people just don't respect idiotic traffic lights and they make the intersection even more dangerous.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Don't you all have something better to do then sit... hour after hour after hour after hour... and watch the fricken light? Geeez. Get a life.

DMD53

Jun 8, 2011
Not for nothing but I'll be renting a car in sept. from what i've been reading the red lights are a suggestion to stop. So if I decide to stop and wait for a green will I get everyone behind to go horn crazy??

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Not for nothing but I'll be renting a car in sept. from what i've been reading the red lights are a suggestion to stop. So if I decide to stop and wait for a green will I get everyone behind to go horn crazy??

Lights are pretty well observed by all but motorcycles. If you stop for a light, you are unlikely to hear horns, providing you start moving when the light changes. Horns start blowing when somebody waiting thinks the driver first in line needs a reminder the light is green,

DMD53

Jun 8, 2011
#1 no biggie let 'em blow
#2 sounds like here in the US daydreamers oh it's time to go.
thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.