AA E-Ticket

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I'm flying from POP to the US to visit family on Thursday. Has anyone gotten an AA e-ticket for a flight out of POP or another Dominican airport? If so, what is the procedure?

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Simple Ken, just go to the counter or use the new machines with your passport. I always bring a photocopy of my confirmation email with me as well.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
I just give them the record locator which is issued to you via email. Also, to my surprise after the last e-ticket out of POP , the AA counter agent asked me to produce the credit card that I used online. Not sure if that is a policy they've continued with at POP.

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
The credit card requirement is something I have heard of lately, on the AA facebook page, whereas you must be carrying the credit card with which you purchased the ticket. It seems to only apply to e-tickets. Perhaps someone on here can clarify if it is an anti-fraud measure or a security measure.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
I just give them the record locator which is issued to you via email. Also, to my surprise after the last e-ticket out of POP , the AA counter agent asked me to produce the credit card that I used online. Not sure if that is a policy they've continued with at POP.

Actually its has also happened to me at SDQ. I purchased a ticket from Spirit Air online from SDQ to FLL and was asked by the Spirit Air agent for the credit card I used on the online transaction. The agent saw the CC gave it back to me and all was good.

NotLurking

sharkstooth777

Jan 22, 2011
I think it now may be standard procedure for all airlines. Delta informed me it is an additional security measure..even though the reservation was made thru their "secure" website while I was logged in with my account info.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I've never been asked for my e-ticket; I just give my passport, and AA brings up my record, no problem. You can also now print your boarding pass for international flights within 24 hours of departure.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I've never been asked for my e-ticket; I just give my passport, and AA brings up my record, no problem. You can also now print your boarding pass for international flights within 24 hours of departure.

Glad to hear that. I have tried in past without success. What is the procedure? Do you get a message from AA with a link?

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
...was asked by the ... agent for the credit card I used on the online transaction. The agent saw the CC gave it back to me and all was good.

I had this situation once after having been issued a replacement credit card for one I lost.
I couldn't produce the original credit card at flight time... so, they cancelled my first ticket, then I had to buy a new ticket with the card I had in hand (at the same price as previously held ticket).

I can't to this day figure out how this procedure helps security.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Ken re your question about printing your boarding pass...just go to AA.com within 24 hours of flight time, not before, and put in you record locator code or your FF# and click on check in and you'll follow the instructions to print your boarding pass. I do this each time but as I said never have been asked for it,.