any chance to swim with free wild dolphins?

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
that is one of my wishes in this life. I have read a lot about it, and looks like it is an amazing experience.
no need to say that I dont want to swim with dolphins in an aquatic park or anything similar to that.
I mean taking a boat and going to any place where is easy to find them althought obviously not 100% granted to find them every time you go there.
In this planet there are some hot spots to find them in a somehow easy way, like in Red Sea in Egypt, Zanzibar island, etc ...
Long time ago in the past I read somewhere that in DR it was possible too in some places with a bit of luck.
Any help with this?
Thanks!

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Nope, have to go to Hawaii for that and with a bit of luck, it wont be possible to do that either there anymore soon, because YOU are disturbing the free dolphins there who are night creatures (hunt at night) in their much needed sleep during daytime.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
They have dolfins trapped at sea off the Bavaro coast, you can swim with them and are sort of free, as free as they get without being taken from the sea and put in a concrete pool.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
my friend vacationing in punta cana swam with wild dolphins, one off experience due to good luck, basically. spotted them far in the ocean and swam all the way there (she used to be a professional swimmer). says it was fun but i think it was a crazy thing to do, a dolphin can easily kill you...

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
They keep them in certain areas of South Africa and Australia in similar containment around where the public swim, apparently sharks are scared of them, keep their distance so they must be pretty nails!

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Some people do the craziest things when on holiday. We went to Sri Lanka and there is a certain temple where albino crocodiles are laying in a pool, enjoying the nice temperature and sun. Guide told us it would be good luck if I would touch one of them, yeah right, no thx! But there are even families that put their babies on the back of those monsters, they were big ya know!

On the other hand you can be charmed by those little monkeys in another temple but this time in Bali...until they get a bit upset of who is getting the most peanuts first...eum, little monkeys, big teeth and do NOT EVER take you hand bag into that temple, they are just greedy very curious little monkeys but if they want to see whats in the bag, they have damn mighty fingers!

I have something with monkeys I guess...visit to Thailand Phuket, beach days after three weeks tour. They are doing photo shoot on beach with beautiful models and...one monkey, the ones with very long arms. We pass the group and monkey is bored maybe and decides that my neck is better to hang around. Now I am not really scared or easy to panic so stay calm and try to get those arms from around my neck only to feel the grip getting tighter and tighter...hmm, took trainer half an hour and a banana to convince monkey to turn back to his owner.

Gonna stick with dogs, although domesticated they give me already enough trouble sometimes, let be I am going to try to "mix" with wild animals :)