Be Warned: Don't "Pipi" In The Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua-News:

"The TV host Paulino Gianni of the program 'Gianni Espectacular' is tired of the many Dominican men urinating in public. He says he is ashamed that so many men visiting a bar rather than using a toilet, go outside to do it there. He believes it increases rapidly and that's a sign that society is deteriorating. According to Gianni it is a metaphor for the growing drug use, crime and other social ills.

For his protest action 'P?ii-pi-p?ii al pip? en la calle' or 'whistle to whom whistles his whistle in the street', he has stickers, banners and billboards manufactured that are widely distributed. He urges motorists and moped drivers to honk if they see anyone peeing.

It is not known when the action 'P?ii-pi-p?ii al pip? en la calle' starts in Sosua starts. We look forward to it."

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
From today's Sosua-News:

"The TV host Paulino Gianni of the program 'Gianni Espectacular' is tired of the many Dominican men urinating in public. He says he is ashamed that so many men visiting a bar rather than using a toilet, go outside to do it there. He believes it increases rapidly and that's a sign that society is deteriorating. According to Gianni it is a metaphor for the growing drug use, crime and other social ills.

For his protest action 'P?ii-pi-p?ii al pip? en la calle' or 'whistle to whom whistles his whistle in the street', he has stickers, banners and billboards manufactured that are widely distributed. He urges motorists and moped drivers to honk if they see anyone peeing.

It is not known when the action 'P?ii-pi-p?ii al pip? en la calle' starts in Sosua starts. We look forward to it."

Oh boy! Tell him never to walk urine street (err! Sorry! I meant Church street) at night in NYC... Seems like the entire bar clientele in the area carries out a ****ing contest, to see who can shoot the longest against a wall there... Even dogs stopped sniffing around and blacklisted the street, for too much pee cross-contamination...

Yayow

Sep 4, 2007
I don't know if you can take it as a sign that society is deteriorating as the TV host has suggested. I agree that it would be much better if it didn't occur. But I don't suspect any causal effect, of a bad society with men urinating in the street. Hate to say it but I have been in some of the bathrooms found in the Dominican Republic and they are disgusting. If you have the courage to enter into some of them, it is classified as a modern miracle, if you can remain in them for the time it takes one to urinate without regurgitating.

I suspect if there were more decent places to relieve oneself, this phenomenon would not exist.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I don't know if you can take it as a sign that society is deteriorating as the TV host has suggested. I agree that it would be much better if it didn't occur. But I don't suspect any causal effect, of a bad society with men urinating in the street. Hate to say it but I have been in some of the bathrooms found in the Dominican Republic and they are disgusting. If you have the courage to enter into some of them, it is classified as a modern miracle, if you can remain in them for the time it takes one to urinate without regurgitating.

I suspect if they were more decent places to relieve oneself, this phenomenon would not exist.

Agreed, it happened to me a couple of times in the DR where I would have paid millions of dollars to have a d*ck after entering the bathroom (sorry, when I have to go, i HAVE to go :) )

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Hate to say it but I have been in some of the bathrooms found in the Dominican Republic and they are disgusting. If you have the courage to enter into some of them, it is classified as a modern miracle, if you can remain in them for the time it takes one to urinate without regurgitating.

dude, you know NOTHING. if a man can pi** over the wall he can surely do it all over dirty toilet full of old s**t. but alas, we, girls, have to kinda sit or at least squat. try that in a typical dominican public toilet...

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Oh boy! Tell him never to walk urine street (err! Sorry! I meant Church street) at night in NYC... Seems like the entire bar clientele in the area carries out a ****ing contest, to see who can shoot the longest against a wall there... Even dogs stopped sniffing around and blacklisted the street, for too much pee cross-contamination...

Not sure where you party in NYC, but the places I go to, have a bathroom line for both men and women. Granted the women line is usually longer, but only because women tend to take longer as we also fix our make up or even gossip :)

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Yeah I think the campaign is misdirected and it should be for public health officials enforcing the laws and making sure public establishments have clean adequate bathrooms, but since that's not the case the to the nearest tree we go. A while back my father in law (American) went with us to The DR and we were driving from Cotui to Puerto Plata the long way (via Nagua). He said he probably needed to go number 1 soon, I said OK just tell me when...so we drove on and on and on, and eventually he goes "Well we better find a bathroom soon or my bladder is going to burst..." I'm like "Oh you were waiting for a bathroom? No need for that just go right there by the side of the road". Needless to say he was very uncomfortable with the idea, but the call of nature was greater than his American mentality...lol

Yayow

Sep 4, 2007
dude, you know NOTHING. if a man can pi** over the wall he can surely do it all over dirty toilet full of old s**t. but alas, we, girls, have to kinda sit or at least squat. try that in a typical dominican public toilet...

You are right and I agree, as I said it is hard enough for a guy to urinate in not only public toilets but some in some establishments. I can only imagine what it is like for a woman. Having said that, I was only adressing and responding to the theme of the thread, and to me it seemed that they were referring to men urinating in the streets, not women. The condition of public toilets is another subject, and one I would love to see, get remedied. In any case I never meant any offense to women, who I have no doubt have it far worse in the public toilet arena.

Really my major point was the problems of guys peeing in the street, is not social or a cause for social alarm as indicated by the TV Host, but maybe simply as practical, as there being no other good alternative in some cases.

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
while at the beach in RD we ordered some food at an out door stand, after eating my wife asked the people at the stand where there was a bathroom..............shortly after she returned, she looked at me and said............I need to go find something to hide behind, the place is not suitable for pigs............thats why ****ing in the street is a good option if one considers the alternative and btw, do they not have any personal hygiene training in the RD ?

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
while at the beach in RD we ordered some food at an out door stand, after eating my wife asked the people at the stand where there was a bathroom..............shortly after she returned, she looked at me and said............I need to go find something to hide behind, the place is not suitable for pigs............thats why ****ing in the street is a good option if one considers the alternative and btw, do they not have any personal hygiene training in the RD ?

True story. I was in a Dominican club and went to the bathroom and realized it was communal as I saw a few females squatting and doing their business right on the floor :( . I left the place and found a restaurant whose owner was French and let me use his bathroom. Had he said no, I would have squatted on the sidewalk :)

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Dominican GPS

I've been honking at public whizzers for years.
And?
Did they turn around? :laugh: :laugh:

Here in a near village there is a man who is used to pee at his entrance door.
Rumour has it that he does so to find his house by sniffing his way home when drunk... :cross-eye

donP

Status
Not open for further replies.