Dominican Ladies-Apology

J

Joe

If I would have known before that this would have cost such a Stir ( 40 Messages and counting ) I would have never placed a Link to that Site on this Board. All I wanted was other People to share in the Beauty of those very lovely Dominican Ladies

G

gringo_in_DR

men are fed-up with western women.

Growing up in usa, i had developed not only hatred but distrust against the american women. Watching most of my male married friends being abused by women and seeing how the laws were designed to protect women and not men. Ex: if the wife wanted to punish her husband all she had to do was to call the police and press charges against her husband for beating her (often, proving her account by showing self-inflected bruises on her body); all was needed was a few crocodile tears and she seemed like the perfect victim. I have seen this more times than I needed to be afraid of women. The laws in USA solely protect the women and suppress men. Women know this advantage well and use it against their husbands to make them feel even lower.
I find most american women, not only rude and offensive but also fat and furios. Look at your average dominican woman in this country; how many fat single girls do you see on an average day? Not many... because most are slim and sexy and very feminine in the way they present themselves. Just say hello to them and you would surely get a welcoming smile from them and a pleasant response. Now try it on an american or a canadian female... chances are you would get a "go to hell" type of a look. Tnis is not only rude but very un-sexy and un-feminine.
American women are not only unfeminine but I see that they act more and more like men. They always want to prove that they can do anything better than a man.
For centuries, men have developed societies and formed dynasties and errected great empires. Fought wars to protect their borders and to provide security to their woemn and to their families. Invented great machines to make lives easier for everyone and advanced in medicine to give you a better healthier lives. etc etc....
What have women done to deserve equal right?
Women think they deserve equal rights because they want it?
I don't see women volunteering to be in the front line of a war when the country is threatened by another aggressive country. Look at afghanistan, and Chechnya and the balkin countries (bosnia). I had never seen a female rebel trying to defend its soil? I never see any female volunteering in those situations.
When was the last time we saw any woman develop a new medical procedure to help the medical industry? When did we see any female to errect great land marks ex: buildings or pyramids in the history of mankind?
The truth is that you females are best at what you do... being and acting like a female and staying with your feminity. Do not try to act like a man and never compete with a male in his own game. You will only lose. But by being a female and acting like one, you can get what-ever you want from just a simple simple.

On the other hand, dominican women have learned to respect their men from a very early age. They really want to be with a man and hold them (family) above their careers. They are so feminine and sweet that I only wished I were here a few years earlier instead of wasting my time with the rude american women. Most of my american and european male friends who have gotten married with a latin or better with a dominican female, would never settle or even think about going back to a western female... ever-again.
Thats the truth ladies, there is no comparision between a dominican female and the western female. Just see for yourself, more and more latinas and women from asian / far eastern countries will win miss universe contest. You western women should now compete in the Mr. Universe contest as more and more are trying to act like one.

R

Ronald McIntosh

No apololgy necessary...

...as you can see there are alot of men including myself who are enamoured with these women. They just dont seem to judge men on the same level as North American women. i.e looks, wealth, power. They just love unconditionally. I recommend the Dominican Republic for any man who is lonely for whatever reason. Come to the DR. A beautiful woman awaits.

S

sam

Re: men are fed-up with western women.

Read my posts further on down. YOUR ARE 100% RIGHT!! Your should have seen the disgusting display at the Miss Universe pagent, the latin women were, sexy, classy charming, European, Canadian American women were both agressive, arrogant and full of themselves.

By the way I am married to a Dominican woman, and could not be happier.

R

Ronald McIntosh

No apology necessary...

...as you can see there are alot of men including myself who are enamoured with these women. They just dont seem to judge men on the same level as North American women. i.e looks, wealth, power. They just love unconditionally. I recommend the Dominican Republic for any man who is lonely for whatever reason. Come to the DR. A beautiful woman awaits.

T

Tgf

Re: western women are fed up with troglodytes

I don't know why this topic has come up so much lately. Maybe because its Spring and the thoughts turn to....

All these generalization and accusations about all Dominican, American, European women. Frankly, I think you guys are all looking for a magic bullet and will be disappointed. If you act like a troglodyte and want to control all your partner's actions, you will cause a relationship to fail, irregardless of nationality. Any good relationship is built on mutual respect and love. This can be found with individuals from any culture or ethnic group. It depends on the INDIVIDUALS involved and it means a lot of work for both parties.

S

Sarah

"Enamoured" says it all...

...captivated, charmed, enthralled, fascinated, awestruck, rapt, mesmerized...

S

sam

You obviosuly did not read my earlier posts. My relationship with my wife is based on mutual trust and respect. Try to control my wife's actions and you will receive. "Un puno en la cara"

What I never liked about Canadian, American and European women is their agressive, rude, arrogant behaviour.

For this reason many men from Canada, US, Europe will not give, their own women the time of day.

S

Sarah

What I never liked about Canadian, American and European men is their agressive, rude, arrogant behaviour.

T

Tgf

I did read your earlier posts. I stick with my statement above. If you are happy good, if your wife is happy even better. But lumping all women in one basket is a bit much. So you had a few failures, and the other posters had a few failures, that's life. I know of many kind, friendly, feminine, U.S. and European women. They can also be tough, they can be soft, they can be arrogant, they can be self-effacing. The point? I treat each person as an individual and take it from there. My likes and dislikes aren't lumped by race, creed, ethnicity, or nationality. I admire people who know what they want and work for it. I dated many nice, kind, caring, feminine, U.S. and European women when I was younger. These same women could also be stong, tough, and unyielding on certain issues and at certain times. I didn't feel threatened by it. I just so happened to marry a Dominican woman because I fell in love with her as an individual. You know what I learned after over twelve years together? She can be tough, unyielding, and demanding at times, too. So can I. She is also warm, kind, loving, and caring (most of the time). We both work, we both cook and clean, we both do the laundry. This is a relationship. It means work in order to succeed. I have friends who married U.S. women who are also happy. I have also seen about the same percentage of divorces among my U.S. friends who married within or outside their cultures. THERE IS NO MAGIC BULLET!! Marriage means respect, trust, and love and it means maintaining it over the years. No guarantees, no sure thing, no easy solutions.

M

mkohn

Historically, the biggest single

contribution made by women while men were fighting wars and inventing things, is the women were left holding the baby. This is true in most cultures.
Trust your mate, demand less and _appreciate_ more. As with any unconditional love, it comes back to you tenfold.

Happy belated Mother's Day to all the mothers.

Father's day is coming ...

S

sharon

Re: troglodytes and dominican women's view

TGF you have hit the nail on the head, just as Clara has with the excerpt below...

*I don?t need a man to be complete. I am an independent woman. I am capable of supporting myself and afford the things I like. So are most of my Dominican girl friends. But, I don?t see my dignity undermined by doing little ?or big- things for my man, as long as he remembers that it is not my duty to do so. I do believe that a little ?diplomacy? can take a relationship a long way. And for you who believe that ?diplomacy? is just another word for ?quid pro quo?, you are right. Anyways, not many things in life come for free; a happy man will most probably keep his woman happy.*

The key is MUTUAL RESPECT. The majority of women I know in the US have had up to their eyeballs with men who think the world revolves around them and anything the *wifey* wants is just fine AS LONG AS HE AGREES WITH IT...if not, she is treated, at best, like the hired help...he seems to believe that everything he wants and everything he thinks is the be all and end all.... there is no mutual respect in an attitude like that.

I say *Hip, Hip, Hooray* for those men who genuinely do respect women...if there were more of you, you would not see so many angry, uptight, defensive women in the US. I know there are wonderful men in this world who deserve all the respect, admiration and affection any woman has to give, I have been blessed enough to have a few of them in my life....but the key is, we aren't born with a right to that respect, it has to be earned....everyday, not just until you get that ring on her finger..

G

gringo_in_DR

to TGF... about western women

you can paint a nice picture of the situation listed above. Of-course we know there are american / canadian women who are feminine and caring and loving but we are talking about people in general. Most western men would agree with me that the latinas (or dominican females..in this case) are generally more feminine and exibit more loving and caring feeling towards their men than the western women. Just try a simple test of conversing with a western female in a bar or any other place in DR; you will sure to see a rude and aggressive behavior (including, Ms. know-it-all type additude). They think relationship is all about 50/50 type responsibility. But ltes just add it up for analysis: if I let a female move in with me the she brings in 50 % of more work and 50% of more responsibility not to mention maybe some extra problems etc. Now if she is only going to do her 50% of the share...which mean, only her work that she brought in... then how is this going to change my life or make it easier? This seems like a selfish type os a deal to me, especially if I have to cut the grass and make more money than her to support her superficial needs.
Here is how a dominican woman is different: She knows that inaddition to win her man's heart, she will do more than 50% of her share. She will do it without asking or making a fuss over it. To me, thats a surprise and makes me feel like I am wanted. I would feel better being with her because she wants to take care of me without me even asking for it. She would not remind me of the things that she does for me (like western women) and in fact, would go out of her way to accomodate me.
When a man feels like a man and actually feels that he is loved and cared by someone, believe me we will go out of our own way to make sure that she is happy and well taken care of. Men have to face daily challenge at work and in other parts of this hostile society; we don't need to compete at home with our women who want to act more like men themselves.
Its not a big surprise to me that you have married a dominican woman instead of a woman from your own back ground.
the bottom line is: most western men are sick and tired of the attitude of the western women. No wonder, more and more american/ canadian/ european men a marrying dominicans (latinas in general) and asians. They all know that they have a better chance of staying happy with them than with the ones from their own country. You, yourself, know this fact but you try to be safe and unoffensive by sugar coating your words instead of telling the ugly truth about the western females. Maybe you are just lucky to find a loving dominican lady, just imagine where would you be if you had ended up with a woman from your own country?

T

Tgf

Re: Historically, the biggest single

They (women) also did a major amount of the food raising, harvesting, clothes making, and the building and maintaining of the household in most cultures. In many cultures they took many important roles in government decision making and religion. Some acted as warriors, others as merchants. Don't let your patrilineal Eurocentric viewpoint color the fact that many cultures were matrifocal and matrilineal. In these cultures, women controlled the property, were heads of towns and villages, and often controlled the general decision making processes. They decided when to go to war, when to make peace, and who could marry whom.

T

Tgf

Re: All I will say is speak for yourself and

I wish you luck Gringo_in_DR. You sound like you had some bad experiences. I don't know if it had to do with your attitude or just the women you met. But I still think you are "howling at the moon" and placing blame where it doesn't need to lie. You can make generalizations anytime - I am a United States born male and I don't agree with you lumping me in your generalizations - I just don't think they're valid or true.

T

Tom

"Western???"""

When did the DR move out of the Western Hemisphere?

G

gringo_in_DR

TGF, just scoring points with women.

You and I both know women have contributed very little in the history of the mankind to deserve equal rights. They are not as stronge as men to do the jobs that we are capable of doing, no where near as intelligent as us nor do they have the capability of working as a team. They now hold higher position jobs because most of the firms are forced to hire females to avoid actions from the equal opportunity organizations. I know, i know, there are some females who are capable and more intelligent than an average man but I am talking of the majority.
many more qualified men are unemployed because some company had to hire a woman or a minority worker instead of a person who is right and qualified for the job.
You talk so highly of the american / canadian women and yet you chose to marry a dominican female. Look at your actions and choices that you have made instead of sweet talking and using diplomatically correct vocabulary.
Dominican women know better not to get in the way of the man's business and stay with their own identity and to help and support their men in reaching his goals for the whole family. I do not mean that she has to stay home and take care of the kids or to clean the house... she can be a professional and independent yet also maintain her feminine role.
You know this better than most american men... you are married to one.

T

Tgf

Re: P.S. Sugar coating

No, I didn't sugar coat any words. My wife has three sisters who married Europeans. They are all divorced and one man is a dead beat Dad to boot. Litigation will cure his problem, but his son wonders why his father doesn't want to help him. Two other sisters have been happily married to Dominican men for 21 and 15 years respectively. Now we all know the generalizations about Dominicans men's fidelity and child-rearing abilities. These two guys I am proud to call brothers-in-law. They have always been there for their children and wives. These marriages have all the appearances of happy ones. So, give me your trite generalizations and I will say "a pox on them."

T

Tgf

Re: Gringo_in_DR you are off base and

poorly educated to boot. Read some non-Western history for a change, or some anthropology: that is if you can find a way out of your cave