Buying Sporting goods/weightlifting set in/near Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimChauran

Jul 28, 2011
Hi, I'm an American who visits Cabarete 2-3 times per year (in-laws have a house there) and would like to locate a source in or near Cabarete where I can purchase some weights for a home gym. I'm really only looking to buy the weight plates themselves rather than a complete set. Does anyone know of a good general sporting goods store close by on the North Coast where I might find them? Any advice greatly appreciated, looking forward to being back in the DR in a couple of weeks!

Bigocean

Nov 25, 2010
I don't know about Cabarete, but if you don't mind the trip to Santiago, Ochoa hardware stores (most of them have the same approximate selection) have a good selection along the new Plaza llama, and Nacional Supermarket as well. Pricesmart used to have a small selection but I don't know if they still do. Even if you find them in Cabarete, it would probably be worth the trip for the selection and prices. Welcome back!

TimChauran

Jul 28, 2011
Thanks!

Sounds like La Sirena first then on to Santiago if no success. Thanks for the advice -- can't wait to be back!

Tim

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Ferrreteria Ochoa is cheaper than La Sirena by far - I'd estimate about 20-25% for the weights.

I also recommend P90x because you can get great results with less weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.