A family needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I had an OR hat made for me out of the DR flag and most people at my job know that I lived there, so I.get alot of questions about the DR at work. Yesterday I was approached by someone who is concerned about a family member. The family believes that this person is being sankified or will be and they are concerned.
After hearing the story, I am 99% sure that it is a sanky situation. My question is how do I found out info on this guy to let the family know what's up. Some of the things that they have been told do not sound true but I told the family member that I an not sure. The questions that I want to ask I cannot ask on this thread because the family member being sankified maybe a poster on this site.
I have a few questions specifically regarding the capital, and also where can I refer the family member to get information on the sanky. She has the sanky's name and he is now married to her family member.
I have info on the person being sankified but like I said, she may be a board member. I have looked through threads to see if there have been any threads started asking questions that might fit her situation but no luck yet.
The family is concerned and says that she is blinded by love for this guy. What can they do? How can I get info on him to help them out, are there PIs in Santo Domingo??? Thanks

SHALENA

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Can some people in the capital PM me so I can ask a couple of questions....males only or women that have been married longer than 2 years because I don't know who the person getting sankified is and I would hate to be asking questions and have someone realize I am speaking of them.

SHALENA

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
With due respect why are you poking your nose? Seems if they are mature enough to get married then thy are mature enough to make their own mistakes in life.
I think you would be pretty safe to openly ask questions in the thread, if you don't know who they are then I expect vice versa, or they do now, so ask away.

But my opinion is, if you start mingling in others marriage only one will end up in the $hit, you!

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I doubt if I will end up in ****. I was confronted by a family member that is worried. If the guy is legit then there is no problem. I agreed to.try and help them.
If you dint know, maybe you should look through this forum again. Women who have found themselves involved with sankies have lost money, time, emotions....and if my family member was being taken for a ride I would do whatever was possible to wake them up also. I have total respect for this person and they are clearly concerned and worried.
That is why I am poking my nose....Anything esle sir???

SHALENA

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
That is why I am poking my nose....Anything esle sir???

SHALENA

What exactly do you intend to do, ask on DR1 if someone has been posting resembling your family member. Women who go with Sankies tend to know they are Sankies, there is ALWAYS as huge give away within the relationship, ALWAYS, be it looks, age, whatever. Rarely admit it but 99% of the time they know, just wish it wasn't. Do you think your family member will appreciate this patronizing snooping of yours? Again, with respect I just think this is wierd, someone asked you to snoop because you have lived in the country? lol, a bit of a weak excuse isn't it. But each his own, good luck!

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Apparently you can't read so I won't even continue with you.....

Next.

SHALENA

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Shalena don't bother. Not your business and the lady involved won't thank you for it. I have lost count of how many women I have warned and not one has listened to me and I knew the people involved well.

matilda

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
You're wasting your time. You can tell someone to their face he's a sanky and they will call you a liar!

Tell the family to hire a PI and stay out of it. Contact Chip he will give you the name of one many have used here.

Opps didn't see Mat's post till now. Good advice Mat.

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
Can some people in the capital PM me so I can ask a couple of questions....males only or women that have been married longer than 2 years because I don't know who the person getting sankified is and I would hate to be asking questions and have someone realize I am speaking of them.

SHALENA
and what if the sanky or the sankor is the one that PM's you ?

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Shalena-if this woman is married to the sanky in question it is already too late.

The fact of the matter is, there is nothing the family can do. Exposing the truth will do nothing but make her aggressive against them and she'll become more determined than ever to prove everyone wrong. Or she will march forward just to drive them crazy.

This is what some women do when confronted with their partner's bad boy behavior.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Well, I will probably see the family member again today. Yes she has married him and is in DR right now. They have read stories and are just worried which is justifiable. If my daughter for involved with a sanky I would be worried too and would do what I could. I have already explained that she might not care even if we found anything on the guy but I think that they feel that even trying is better than just sitting and waiting. I will tell her to back off and see what happens. She married the guy after talking 2-3 weeks over the internet and they are afraid that she is now in a 3rd world country with no family. Wouldn't you be??

I did consider the fact that the person could PM me, that is why I asked for males or long term married women. I really wanted members that I know on the board have been members for a while. It wasn't much, just a couple of questions to determine if what the family is being told is even possible because when she asked me, I honestly didn't know. I mean, I didn't think it was likely but I didn't want to say for sure.

Yes someone approached me just because of my OR hat. Maybe they are desperate. Again, if it was my daughter, I would be trying also. How about you sit back and watch your family member be sankified, lose their mind and not to mention their life savings, and do nothing. Even if she doesn't listen, they know that they did something. I don't judge them as I would be losing my mind if it was my daughter. As I stated before, after hearing the story I am 99% sure that it is a sanky situation but assumptions are worth nothing.

SHALENA

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
When you say that you want males to pm you are you expecting sankies to be reading this board or do you think male members know more than female members? I'm not understanding your thought process

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Shalena darlin', just send a PM to Chip and ask about his PI friend. Give that info to the concerned family member and step back.

No matter what, you need to get away from this...although I can understand you concerns...

HB

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Running to a DDD

Yes she has married him and is in DR right now. (...) She married the guy after talking 2-3 weeks over the internet (...) she is now in a 3rd world country with no family.
Well, that's what she wanted.
Experience tells us, that if she was sankified the marriage will have to run its course to the bitter end.
Nobody can tell her that she touched a hot plate until she feels that herself.

Apparently the parents were not able to keep her from running to that DDD.
I wonder what age she is... :cheeky:

donP

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
Or encourage the worried family to maintain really open lines of communication with her and be positive so that the woman will have someone to turn to when things get worse. I know not everyone can hop on a plane, but a visit from a family member might be helpful. I'd also make sure that she knows the family will help her with plane tickets back home, not if things don't work out, but so that she can spend time with family and friends just because they miss her. Focus on her, what she needs, not him and what he's done/is doing.

And for those present, past, and future forum members in the situation, lets not be so judgemental with the posts that slam them when they ask questions whose answers are leading them to the truth.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
There's a reason why we have a saying in the DR "En asuntos de marido y mujer NADIE SE METE". I guess some people want to find out why on their own...

Status
Not open for further replies.