dumb question of the day ( only semi dumb answers please !

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
several years ago ( 4-5?) we stopped in Samana on a cruise, my wife and I decided to spend the day at the beach and rented a taxi for the day .........The driver , an elderly and very nice gentleman told us he would take us to one of the nicest beaches in RD ( which he did) ( IMHO) I remember we drove out of Samana and (although it is impossible) (looking back) it seems as though the ride ( maybe 45min-1hr. ?) was mostly uphill, that said, the beach was absolutely beautiful and near deserted although it was during November I believe. Across the road from said beach was an apartment ( condo)complex of beige ? stucco ? Can anyone think which beach and / or apartment complex this may have been ? I know this is a stab in the dark however, I've seen sillier posts ( IMHO) Please all you north-eastern coastal folks take a minute and see if you can help me with this. My wife and I were so taken with the area we may pursue on of these condos.
Thanks for your help !

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
What I remember about Rincon was that there was NO buildings beyond one sort of restaurant place on the right and the sheds where the really good food was served. This would be populated almost every day of the week by some people who go there to eat...

HB

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Nothing of that description on Playa Rincon. Could it have been Las Galeras, where the hotel on the corner as you reached the beach was turned into a residential project?

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
What I remember about Rincon was that there was NO buildings beyond one sort of restaurant place on the right and the sheds where the really good food was served. This would be populated almost every day of the week by some people who go there to eat...

HB

i was thinking exactly that as well....... hardly an apartment complex?

could original poster be thinking of playa coson (or nearby)?
quite a lot of holiday properties being built up around there in last 4-5 years.
though it probably takes a bit longer than an hour in a taxi to get there from samana.

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
Thank you all, I will jot down the names you have all suggested and try to pick my wifes memory, mine is not available at times lol and for what it's worth if this may be of help perhaps the ride seemed longer as the guide would stop on occasion to point out things interest and the majority of trip was fairly rural. geesh, I feel like such a fool for not paying more attention.
Please don't give up on me yet. lol

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
Playa Rincon had a river right behind it. When I was there there was nothing besides water, trees and sand. It was beautiful

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
Ok folks , I gotta make soome disclosures here. After talking in more depth with my wifey ( she had not seen my post) She tells me we visited in November 2009........see what I mean about my short term/long term memory ? lol anyway, She thinks ( better agree here) it was between El Limon and Las Terrenas , closer to Las Terrenas ????? geesh. anyway, if this add's anything ok ?
PS. Thanks to all PM's on where it may be and info on nice complexes, we will research them all online this week end and I gotta leave you with funney story ok ? ( no names though) 1 crazy gut asks me if I got the taxi drivers number............really he did, you think if my memory is off by 3 years and I can't even remember the name of the place I'm gonna remember cabbies #### geesh some people nuttier than me eh ? lol

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010

HB
HB, now I'm more confused, coming into the area, the complex was on the left and to the right was old small shack serving beer, rice w/pork, like that and beer of course, some locals eating and gabbing and some picnic tables outside where you could look out at the water shack just at edge of beach. that sound close ?
Cheers, Chuck & Shirley

caipiranha

Feb 15, 2008
@ChuckT

How long was your beach? Was it a small or a mileslong-one?
Could be helpful to know.

Saludos

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
good question caipiranha , I forgot to say and thanks much for reminder..........beach very long in both directions. very good point again, thanks for reminder.............long enough so my ole azz was draggin and still no end .lol

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Nibbled Away

coming into the area, the complex was on the left and to the right was old small shack serving beer, rice w/pork, like that and beer of course, some locals eating and gabbing and some picnic tables outside where you could look out at the water shack just at edge of beach. that sound close ?

Could even have been at Punta Bonita (when the shack was still there) looking west to Cos?n.
However, nowadays a taxi can no longer get to that very spot, the sea has nibbled away the 'camino'.

donP

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
Could even have been at Punta Bonita (when the shack was still there) looking west to Cos?n.
However, nowadays a taxi can no longer get to that very spot, the sea has nibbled away the 'camino'.

donP
Don , can't be the place then this road ran between the complex and the ocean and provided access to the complex as well