Hideaway Bar, Pedro Clisante

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montago

Feb 15, 2011
hi,

anybody know if this bar is still being run by the american family there! from Georgia state! They were there last Feb when i was a there but wondering if they sill running it. It seemed a sinking ship at the time!

anyone know>?

gracias

Coralia

Mar 30, 2007
www.myspace.com
Hi Manxman,NO, Ted does not work there anymore..and as far Hideaway i have not seen it that open much..anywway Ted works at Moon or Luna....a bar/restaurant with that kind of name in the street/calle towards the Waterfront thats all i know.....

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
No, they are finally gone. It's now run by a Canadian guy and he's doing a bit better.

I was there after the new owner reopened. Word was that he was hiring all the hottest looking girls around Sosua to work as barmaids there.....yeah, right......most of the girls weren't as good looking as the previous girls who worked there.,,,,,

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
He is making some improvements and repairs there, he's a young Dominican/American, nice guy. He is probably waiting to finish improvements first, before bringing in his girls from Sto Dgo and Santiago that worked for him at a hi-end establishment he ran before (that place was not in Sosua).

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Speaking of bars, I noticed that the Shark Bar is closed up? Is it just low season or has something happened?

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
He is making some improvements and repairs there, he's a young Dominican/American, nice guy. He is probably waiting to finish improvements first, before bringing in his girls from Sto Dgo and Santiago that worked for him at a hi-end establishment he ran before (that place was not in Sosua).

He's not Dominican/American. He's Canadian and his name is Paul...he's from Ontario. The guy you are talking about was a temporary partner that didn't work out.

Montago

Feb 15, 2011
No, they are finally gone. It's now run by a Canadian guy and he's doing a bit better.

Probably for the best that they are gone, all sorts of stuff was going down in that place, it was very illicit. To the poster who mentioned Ted, i remember him as well. quite a nice guy!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Probably for the best that they are gone, all sorts of stuff was going down in that place, it was very illicit. To the poster who mentioned Ted, i remember him as well. quite a nice guy!

Then you'll love the new program!

Montago

Feb 15, 2011
Then you'll love the new program!

Well don't plan on going in there to be honest and witness the new program!

However lets be honest here, was a bit of a silly statment on my behalf as Sosua is pretty illiciit in itself :)

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
Well don't plan on going in there to be honest and witness the new program!

However lets be honest here, was a bit of a silly statment on my behalf as Sosua is pretty illiciit in itself :)

Normal...lots of people here with plenty of time on their hands and looking for something to say...including me. I met the owner and his wife is Dominican...nice people. I wish them well in this new venture, hope they make a decent living...

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Normal...lots of people here with plenty of time on their hands and looking for something to say...including me. I met the owner and his wife is Dominican...nice people. I wish them well in this new venture, hope they make a decent living...

He's not married so his wife is not dominican. Lot's of confusion on this thread.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Well 4 weeks ago I spoke to him, his name is Willy, he's a good friend of mine, I know he's Dominican/American, and he showed me the work he was doing to the place, which was in progress. I think he's renting the place. Maybe we are talking about two different bars with the same name or similar name. It is on the North side of PC, it has a narrow entrance and then widens with a bar in the middle. I'm gonna contact him, to see maybe he sub contracted the lease, but I doubt it.

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Speaking of bars, I noticed that the Shark Bar is closed up? Is it just low season or has something happened?

I always thought the place has been closed for the last 4 years..never any people in there..but what do you expect, the place looked like a fenced in cave.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Well 4 weeks ago I spoke to him, his name is Willy, he's a good friend of mine, I know he's Dominican/American, and he showed me the work he was doing to the place, which was in progress. I think he's renting the place. Maybe we are talking about two different bars with the same name or similar name. It is on the North side of PC, it has a narrow entrance and then widens with a bar in the middle. I'm gonna contact him, to see maybe he sub contracted the lease, but I doubt it.

Will never owned the bar. He and another guy had an agreement with Paul (the owner) to bring in girls, but it didn't work out. Paul is still there doing his thing, but Will is not part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.