AAAS Thrift Store Looking for Mannequins & Clothes Racks

H20SKI

Jun 2, 2011
AAAS Thrift store is expanding. We're looking for mannequins (top half and full body) as well as metal clothing racks. Does anyone know where we can get some? Cheap would be great (donations even better!). Proceeds from store sales go to support Friends of the Animals in Sosua (AAA Sosua). Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
common folks and give a damn, this is a very worthwhile cause and I'm sure they will need all the community support they can get. I wish I were there to help

Jessiejayne

May 17, 2010
The poster was asking for some help locating things that are needed for the Thrift store, not asking for a debate. If you can help, please do, if you don't care then move on and don't bother posting.

To the poster...don't know if they are still there since I have been away for two months but just down the road from AAAS (going toward Cabarete) is an abandoned building (on the right) and out front there were bustform manequins. Maybe if they are still there you can inquire about who owns them and maybe you could have them? It's worth a shot!

Good luck and keep up the good work. Everyone who is familiar with the association knows what would happen without it. :glasses:

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
The poster was asking for some help locating things that are needed for the Thrift store, not asking for a debate. If you can help, please do, if you don't care then move on and don't bother posting.

To the poster...don't know if they are still there since I have been away for two months but just down the road from AAAS (going toward Cabarete) is an abandoned building (on the right) and out front there were bustform manequins. Maybe if they are still there you can inquire about who owns them and maybe you could have them? It's worth a shot!

Good luck and keep up the good work. Everyone who is familiar with the association knows what would happen without it. :glasses:
Jessie , the debates may be a good idea as they inform people and open eyes
( hopefully) and I'm sure many epats may get involved with the plight of animals ( as well as the people) in the RD

H20SKI

Jun 2, 2011
AAA Sosua - Mission

Thank you, Jessiejayne, for the lead. We'll check it out.

For anyone who is not familiar with AAAS, I would invite you to check out their website: www.aaasosua.com. Here is their mission statement from the site:
The mission of the Asociaci?n De Amigos Por Los Animales De Sos?a shall be to serve as the leading private non-profit organization within Sos?a, which exists to provide surgical neutering and rehabilitation to animals in need, to improve the care and general well-being of the animals, to promote humane care and concern for all animals by educating the public and by working to end pet overpopulation, to work toward a safe and healthy environment in the community, and to work for the passage and enforcement of laws which promote and provide for the humane treatment of animals.

We will work to raise funds not only to meet this mission, but also to provide affordable means for members of the community to properly care for their animals.

And just so you know, most of the people who work with AAAS DO take in dogs from the area, including ourselves. But there are unfortunately more dogs than available homes. Plus it would be much worse if organizations such as AAAS were not doing spaying/neutering.

Our experience with not only the dogs who live near the AAAS store, but also those in other areas of Sosua is that they are either friendly and gentle, or indifferent to humans passing by. Yet any dog can be aggressive. It's likely they have been mistreated - probably those that they are chasing.​

Back to the original purpose of the post - any and all ideas for mannequins/clothes racks are much appreciated. It would be great if we could raise more money to further the good work that has been done to date by AAAS...and perhaps do even more education on the humane treatment of animials for those who need it.​

Thanks!​

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Thank you, Jessiejayne, for the lead. We'll check it out.

For anyone who is not familiar with AAAS, I would invite you to check out their website: www.aaasosua.com. Here is their mission statement from the site:
The mission of the Asociaci?n De Amigos Por Los Animales De Sos?a shall be to serve as the leading private non-profit organization within Sos?a, which exists to provide surgical neutering and rehabilitation to animals in need, to improve the care and general well-being of the animals, to promote humane care and concern for all animals by educating the public and by working to end pet overpopulation, to work toward a safe and healthy environment in the community, and to work for the passage and enforcement of laws which promote and provide for the humane treatment of animals.

We will work to raise funds not only to meet this mission, but also to provide affordable means for members of the community to properly care for their animals.

And just so you know, most of the people who work with AAAS DO take in dogs from the area, including ourselves. But there are unfortunately more dogs than available homes. Plus it would be much worse if organizations such as AAAS were not doing spaying/neutering.

Our experience with not only the dogs who live near the AAAS store, but also those in other areas of Sosua is that they are either friendly and gentle, or indifferent to humans passing by. Yet any dog can be aggressive. It's likely they have been mistreated - probably those that they are chasing.​

Back to the original purpose of the post - any and all ideas for mannequins/clothes racks are much appreciated. It would be great if we could raise more money to further the good work that has been done to date by AAAS...and perhaps do even more education on the humane treatment of animials for those who need it.​

Thanks!​

Well done. The amount of beach dogs has gone down and the education of animal care has increased. With this effort we have found less dogs in the streets, less dead animals for everyone to see and smell along with the health problems. All of the people gain by having rabies, distemper, flee and tick treatments that can and does enter all the homes. Regardless of where one lives and income. AAAS has worked hard to help not only the animals but the community.

So it is not just about the dogs and cats. Care, education, doing affects everyone. EVERYONE.

So some are do'ers and some don't do. Everyone should be able to do what they want to do and how best it works for them. If that is nothing then that is fine. Work at the clinic or the store. Provide free housing for the visiting vets. Foster care a dog or cat... or two/three is great. Train a dog and make a friend. Clean the kennels. DO YOU THINK THAT THIS IS EASY?

For those that think that this project is not justified I invite you to come see me in person. I'll give you a tour and a little more.

Thanks AAAS and all. Ringo