Is drinking Water something I should worry about?

Jr24

Jun 13, 2011
People keep telling me to only drink bottled water and to not get ice cubes on my drinks..I'll be going to Santo Domingo for couple days next month..but how can I enjoy Rum-N-Coke with no ice cubes? do all bars, clubs and hotels use filtered water on ice cubes?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
That is good advice. Santo Domingo's water system is sh@tty at best....not to be used for anything excdept washing cars...
It must be boiled before human use...

Now places like Mao, Santiago, La Vega, they have good water...at least I think so....

HB

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
~I have purchased ice in the bags from many a vendor and I have never had a problem....BTW...The only way to drink the R/C's is with plenty of ice.......:) So drink up...the Alcohol will kill any germs....lol

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
What wont kill you will only make you stronger!!!!! jejejejejej

sush

Mar 9, 2011
I say as a general rule dont drink water from the tap, any place in DR bottled water is THE option

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I say as a general rule dont drink water from the tap, any place in DR bottled water is THE option

Right !! My trabajandors ran out of water a while back and resorted to the tap..... they all got sick..... Cabrera from a 200 ft well

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
...and keep your mouth closed in the shower. Brush your teeth using bottled water. Make sure your partner has completely dried off before putting your mouth on......anything.

BigLongBeach

Feb 8, 2010
I think the purified water is supposed to be as good or better than dasani or aquafina. The plants use a double osmosis system? the same with the ice cubes.

Dont drink the tap water. i dont drink the tap water anywhere outside of NYC.

egpulido89

Feb 15, 2010
ice will get you. Went to Punta Cana for a weekend with the family and like an idiot i decided to eat the ice.. ended up in the hospital for 3 days with an amoeba..

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
ice will get you. Went to Punta Cana for a weekend with the family and like an idiot i decided to eat the ice.. ended up in the hospital for 3 days with an amoeba..
And you didn't eat anything else in the 48 hours before you got sick?????????????