Weather in September??

Jr24

Jun 13, 2011
I'll be in Santo Domingo from Sept/2-Sept/7
What is the weather like during that time of the year? Hurricanes? Rain? (I Hope not :disappoin)

sush

Mar 9, 2011
Come and enjoy the beach is nice under the rain! :) but as AJL6767 said is too early to know

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
~The average temperatures for Sept range for the high of 88 degrees to lows in the 72 degree range. It is still Hot and Humid and it is still in the height of Hurricane Season...so it's anyone's guess....even the weather men-woman that can be 50% wrong or right and still hold their jobs...

~It's like these sayings "Is it Partly Cloudy"??...or "Partly Sunny"......Aren't they both the same....I guess its relative to being optimistic or pesimistic....lol

~Either way....come down and enjoy regardless of weather, you will have a great time dancing in the rain or basking in the sunshine....

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi:

September is the heart of hurricane and tropical storm season. The odds are you will have rain and humid conditions this time of year.

S

BigLongBeach

Feb 8, 2010
my experience with weather in santo domingo is that it will always be hot, and the sun will be out. Meaning on those days where you might experience a downpour it will eventually stop, the sun will come out and dry everything up. Obviously this isnt the case for a hurricane/trop storm situation.

I have been driving to Juan Doliio/guayacanes beaches or beaches in peravia several times and it will start raining like crazy. i never sweat it because i know by the time i get to the beach the rain will have stopped and the sun will be out.

Jr24

Jun 13, 2011
my experience with weather in santo domingo is that it will always be hot, and the sun will be out. Meaning on those days where you might experience a downpour it will eventually stop, the sun will come out and dry everything up. Obviously this isnt the case for a hurricane/trop storm situation.

I have been driving to Juan Doliio/guayacanes beaches or beaches in peravia several times and it will start raining like crazy. i never sweat it because i know by the time i get to the beach the rain will have stopped and the sun will be out.

Now that's more what I wanted to hear. I don't mind a lil rain bu don't want all my 5 days of vacation to rain and have to be stuck indoors. So you were there in September also? since its the first week of Sept hopefully it doesn't be as bad. Oh and when it rains out there do it be still hot or windy/cold? I went to Aruba last October and it rained for one day straight but it was still hot outside. Im from California so when it rains here is cold and windy AF.

BigLongBeach

Feb 8, 2010
I went for labor day last year and the weather was perfect. My girl even wore a jacket at night (but she is flaquita). They dont get the cold miserable rain like here in the u.s. Natives will say it is cold. It rains and it is humid but as soon as the sun comes out everything starts drying quickly.

Remember all that goes out the window if there is a hurricane or trop storm. Keep an eye on the weather report, and review your airlines change/cancel policy. You should do this for a trip to any country.

Jr24

Jun 13, 2011
I went for labor day last year and the weather was perfect. My girl even wore a jacket at night (but she is flaquita). They dont get the cold miserable rain like here in the u.s. Natives will say it is cold. It rains and it is humid but as soon as the sun comes out everything starts drying quickly.

Remember all that goes out the window if there is a hurricane or trop storm. Keep an eye on the weather report, and review your airlines change/cancel policy. You should do this for a trip to any country.

cool..oh another question how much is it for a beer at a restaurant/bar? can you pay with USD?

BigLongBeach

Feb 8, 2010
you can pay USD in most places but you will usually not get the best rate. anywhere from 30-35rd-1us. Just change money. its easy enough

Presidentes range from 50rd-150rd depending on how much they feel like ripping you off. but average should be 100rd.