Furnishing a flat in Bavaro

Aug 4, 2011
Does anybody know if Egyptian cotton sheets are available without traveling too far afield. I think it's very important to have something natural in the bedroom department in such a hot climate,also are the pillow cases usually European size or American as I have run into problems with Europeans being a little on the small size for my pillows

Thankyou for any advice

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The household accessory department in Supermercado Nacional in Punta Cana Village - Cuesta Hogar - is your best bet. The bedding there is very good quality, US sizes. I learned the hard way not to bring fitted sheets and pillowcases from Europe. :)

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
~there is a small housewares store located in the El Dorado plaza in Los Corales, they have pillows, however I do not recall bed linens and the like, I brought my linens from the US so I would not have any problems...

~The housewares store does have a large selection of most everything you will need for you kitchen, glasses, flatware, etc...its worth a look see if your in the area...Its located across from the Bakery...under the covered area...

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
~there is a small housewares store located in the El Dorado plaza in Los Corales, they have pillows, however I do not recall bed linens and the like, I brought my linens from the US so I would not have any problems...

~The housewares store does have a large selection of most everything you will need for you kitchen, glasses, flatware, etc...its worth a look see if your in the area...Its located across from the Bakery...under the covered area...

good to know, jr..... somehow I missed this place.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I used to go there BN (Before Nacional). It's called something like Mi Casa - they have good stuff but not sure if I recall seeing sheet sets.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
good to know, jr..... somehow I missed this place.

~CaptnGlenn
If your standing infront of Ciccollelo "Italian Grocery" and look just over your left shoulder you will see the rear of the stores window...cant miss it with all the glasses in the window on shelves...go around the building its next to the Farmicia...across from bakery...or walk through the Farmicia being they have a door on either side for a short cut.....depending on how many Presidentes you may have had the night before...lol...

~we needed shot glasses...that's how we sniffed it out like a hound dog...lol

Last edited: