Weather (Emily)

laprof

Jul 28, 2011
Oh wise ones on this forum,

I am scheduled to fly in Saturday night. There is a 50% chance of rain on Saturday and about 60% all next week in SD. I knew I would be taking a chance with the weather traveling to the DR in August. :( Two questions:

1- How realistic is it that my flight from Miami to SD will actually happen?

2- Will I have a miserable week with the rain? I had planned on doing lots of walking touring around. I don't mind a sporadic shower, but rain 24/7 doesn't sound fun at all. If I don't go next week, I'll have to postpone until next summer. :(

Thanks for any wisdom you can offer!

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
You will be fine...There is always a chance of rain here but 24/7 no won't happen. You may get a shower or 2 but nothing more. Short of a TS or Hurricane your flight from Miami will happen. No reason to cancel.

Jr24

Jun 13, 2011
I know how you feel, I'm heading out there next month on the 2nd and thers a 50/50 chance of my vacation being ruined also..Hopefully when you get there it will be mostly sunny!...good luck and enjoy.

Chicagoan

May 27, 2011
Every time I come to the DR, I go online before I leave and check the weather forecast. Every time, it says that it will rain all week, and then it never does. Remember, a 50% chance of rain means a 50% chance no rain. Generally, you will find that it will rain for 15 minutes.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
I know how you feel, I'm heading out there next month on the 2nd and thers a 50/50 chance of my vacation being ruined also..Hopefully when you get there it will be mostly sunny!...good luck and enjoy.

Far less than 50% chance of a storm. If it rains, it will likely be for a short time then sunny again.

No way to predict a month in advance anyway.

Jr24

Jun 13, 2011
~Jr

There are worse things in life to have to stress about other then weather. Just jump on the plane, take a rain coat, or umbrella and enjoy...you might even enjoy yourself!!!

Can you say Reeelaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx....whew......

when u give me 690$ for my plane ticket + hotel then we can relaxxxxxxx..if I wana be in the rain I might as well start here in california

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
when u give me 690$ for my plane ticket + hotel then we can relaxxxxxxx..if I wana be in the rain I might as well start here in california

~Hey life is full or risks and gamble....let's hope yours pans out, either that or travel outside of hurricane season in the dryer time of the year...

Jr24

Jun 13, 2011

~Hey life is full or risks and gamble....let's hope yours pans out, either that or travel outside of hurricane season in the dryer time of the year...

True..i didn't really know much about hurricanes..i just planed my trip n bought tickets without doing some research..this is going to b my second time in the caribbean I was in Aruba last year in october and weather was nice n hot. People told me aruba never gets hit by hurricanes so I didn't think much bout DR..stupid me. Lol

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
True..i didn't really know much about hurricanes..i just planed my trip n bought tickets without doing some research..this is going to b my second time in the caribbean I was in Aruba last year in october and weather was nice n hot. People told me aruba never gets hit by hurricanes so I didn't think much bout DR..stupid me. Lol

~Jr

Not stupid, just need to do your homework is all.....I'm sure will have a nice time regardless of weather...hey life is what you make of it....enjoy it...its way too short...:cool:

Jr24

Jun 13, 2011
Right on..might just cancel this flight n head out to curacao instead..peace amigo.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Right on..might just cancel this flight n head out to curacao instead..peace amigo.

Yeah, well that's just below the hurricane belt....but JUST is the key word....:ermm:.....Just kidding Kid...have fun

laprof

Jul 28, 2011
Thanks for all the encouraging words. I decided to say wth and I'm here (even though I was delayed 5 hours!). I'm looking forward to experiencing this wonderful country.

Jr24

Jun 13, 2011
Thanks for all the encouraging words. I decided to say wth and I'm here (even though I was delayed 5 hours!). I'm looking forward to experiencing this wonderful country.

Good to know...how is there weather looking like out there?

Raefisch

Aug 8, 2011
Hi!
Just got off-line with Grandson in SD. Still raining, no real breaks since the 4th. New storm approaching tomorrow through Wed. Been miserable!!! It's just that time of year. Clothes were drenched with humidity and mildew a problem. Good hotel with C/A should handle that part.
Good Luck!