BTBCF Fiesta is over

We raised a little over $6100 which is earmarked for the Children of the DR.

One particular young lady will be very happy to learn that she was picked to start our scholarship program.

She hails from Cabarette and selected for her overall marks in 11 subjects with an average of 96%.

Data supplied by Olive Thompson President BTBCF and Chris Willott VP BTBCF

It is with great pleasure that we at B.T.B.C.F. announce we have now have a scholarship program.

In 2010 while touring a Dream School in Cabarete with my wife Nenita, Catharine, and Jon of Dream she suggested a scholarship. Well It's taken 18 months but it is now in place.

The scholarship winner is a young lady by the name of Katherine Sanchez. She graduated at the top of her class with grades of between 90 and 98 in her high school years. She was head and shoulders above all the other students, and was chosen by Katherine De Laura and Jon Wunderlich of The Dream Project.
They are in the paperwork process to register her at LA USAD Universidad Autonomo de Santo Domingo where she will be studying accounting. It is the oldest University in the Americas.
We have committed to $2,000.00 per year until she graduates in either a 3 or 4 year course.

Olive and I will have the opportunity to meet her next winter when we are in the POP area. We have asked that she keeps in contact with Catharine and Jon and copy us as she progresses in her studies.

I believe that this could be the start to something even larger as we grow as an organization.

So for those who were at this past weekends Fiesta in Cobourg Ontario, or those who participate in our online auction, or those who donate for the vacation Giveaway vouchers your donations will help this young lady get a great start in life, something that allot of children cannot even dream of. (No pun intended)