Hiring Expats for Work From Home M-F

enlightened1

Apr 22, 2011
Good Morning all,
We come to the DR 3-4 times a year and have hired some great expats that work from home doing customer service for our internet business www.EliteHero.com

They seem to appreciate being able to make a living and live in the place they love and have really been great for us as well. It's been a real win-win situation. I'm hoping to find a few more people to hire given the rapid growth of our businesses.

Would you be so kind as to refer anyone that could benefit from this type of situation? Stay at home mom's seem to work out particularly well.

We started our current employees low to see how it would work and over the months have increased pay considerably and added medical insurance and other perks. We really believe that success should be shared. I know that this isn't right for everyone, but if you know someone for whom it may work we would appreciate it if you let them know. :nervous:

Maggie0517

Jul 17, 2011
Would You please send me a private message roughly explaining what it is that you are hiring for... brief job desctiption.. Please and Thank You..
Maggie

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Just referred this to a friend of mine and he is telling me the link doesn't work, I just tried myself and get this message:"This script cannot be run directly from a browser!"

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
How much of a time commitment is involved? Are there set hours, or are they flexible?

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
You are paying less than RD17,000$ per month, expect people to travel to Sosua, and work from home using own equipment, electricity, inversor etc. No wonder this has been a success for you.

Jan 17, 2009
I could be interested depending on the number of hours. Could you please post how many hours a week, schedule and flexibility? Thanks

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
Your catalog offerings looks like a limited offering version of Galls Public Safety with 20-30% cost added.

enlightened1

Apr 22, 2011
The hours are 40 hours per week M-F from 9am to 5:30pm. We give Dominican Holidays off and never work on the weekends.

enlightened1

Apr 22, 2011
Our wage is a starting wage as stated in our ad. You are against travel for training and then against working from home. Sounds like you're just against working.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
let's see. $448 U.S. per month 40 hrs /wk 4 wks/ month (we'll forget the extra couple of days per month for now) 4 x 40... 160 hrs for $448.... $2.80 per hour. ... < singing > "we're in da mon-ey.... we're in da mon-ey... " LOL

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
AhAh, don't forget minus electricity costs, travel expenses for the training days, possibly hotel over nights. But they say they have been successful, so the motivation level must be awesome. My only quarm is it is less than bottom end call centre work, less, and those souls don't have lecy costs to pay out of the wage, but, no transport costs, so................

good on em, must be very nice people.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
It worked out so well last time he went looking for Ex pats in the DR.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coast/114490-looking-hire-expats-sosua-cabarete-area.html

enlightened1, are you legal yet?

I could not agree more as they had the arrogance to respond to one of my ads which clearly stated a real living wage

If they were so successful with hiring employees and increasing employees salaries where did they go?

Why satart over?

Do they provide references from employees who have actually been paid and can testify to the truth of this offer.

This has too many red flags

Last edited:

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I doubt they have lemons!

At the end of the day you would be lucky to recieve a slice of lime....probabally a scurvey thing !

The lemons I received today must have been from whole foods as they were so perfect they looked like the plastic ones at uncle ollies house.

enlightened1

Apr 22, 2011
You guys are ridiculous, but I've been around long enough to know the game. Its called the DR1 late night drunken negativity dogpile where you try to outdo eachother with your venom. I'm not playing...

1. We are A Rated BBB accredited businesses.
2. The last round of hiring was great and I welcome PM from people with legitimate interest and I will give you the skype addresses of my DR employees that you may validate my statements.
3. We are not starting over, we are expanding. It's called "success"
4. We are offering genuine opportunity where little exists. Ever worked in a call center? Ever done outbound sales solicitations? It is a horrible way to make a living. We pay considerable more than the call ceners and allow people to work form home. This is great for stay at home moms.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
At the end of the day you would be lucky to recieve a slice of lime....probabally a scurvey thing !

The lemons I received today must have been from whole foods as they were so perfect they looked like the plastic ones at uncle ollies house.

These are from Fairway, 3/$1!
2i9l8va.jpg

small.....but juicy!